Toronto, Ontario–(Newsfile Corp. – April 14, 2020) – The Mint Corporation (TSXV: MIT) (“Mint” or the “Company“) today announced in accordance with Ontario Instrument 51-502 Temporary Exemption from Certain Corporate Finance Requirements of the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Blanket Exemption Order“), which was adopted for the purpose of providing certain filing and other relief to issuers in light of the challenges posted by the COVID-19 pandemic, that it will be delaying the filing and delivery of certain of its continuous disclosure documents.
The Company is relying on the Blanket Exemption Order in delaying (i) the filing of its annual financial statements and related management discussion and analysis for the year ended December 31, 2019 (collectively, the “Required Annual Filings“), and (ii) compliance with the delivery requirements of applicable securities laws relating to the Required Annual Filings. The officers and directors of the Company and certain other persons will remain subject to a trading black-out pursuant to which such persons are prohibited from trading in any securities of the Company until the end of the second full trading day following the day on which the Required Annual Filings are filed on SEDAR and a corresponding news release is issued by the Company.
The Company currently intends to make the Required Annual Filings by June 11, 2020.
Since the filing of the Company’s third quarter 2019 interim financial statements and related management discussion and analysis on November 27, 2019 and refiled December 23, 2019, the Company has disclosed by way of news release or filings on SEDAR, the following significant business developments:
- the appointment of Ms. Rebecca Ong as a director of the Company as of November 29, 2019;
- the appointment of Mr. Firas Al Fraih as a non-voting observer to the board of directors of the Company on January 6, 2020;
- the announcement on January 6, 2020 of the filing of an Early Warning Report regarding the acquisition of securities of the Company by Global Business Services for Multimedia (“GBS“) and Mobile Telecommunication Group LLC (“MTG” and together with GBS, the “Acquirors“) from Gravitas Financial Inc. (“Gravitas“) and the fiduciary acting on behalf of the beneficial holders of substantially all of Gravitas’ secured debt. Immediately following completion of the transaction, the Acquirors beneficially owned 109,670,736 Mint common shares representing about 56% of the issued and outstanding Mint common shares on an undiluted basis. The transaction represented a change of control of Mint;
- an amendment dated January 6, 2020 between GBS, MTG and Mint amending the trust indenture (the “Trust Indenture“) pertaining to the Company’s Series A debentures;
- on January 11, 2020 the appointment of Mr. Firas Al Fraih as a director of the Company and the resignation of Mr. Neil Gilday as a director;
- on February 4, 2020, the Company announced that is subsidiaries, Mint Middle East LLC and Mint Gateway for Electronic Payments LLC (collectively “Mint UAE“) entered into a binding asset purchase agreement (the “Asset Purchase Agreement“) dated January 16, 2020 to divest its direct payroll disbursement service business through its payroll card portfolio in the United Arab Emirates. Pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement, Mint UAE is entitled to receive aggregate net cash consideration of up to AED 102,750,000 (approximately C$36,600,000), comprised of an initial payment of AED 82,750,000 (approximately C$29,500,000) and a performance-based maximum additional cash payment of up to AED 20,000,000 (approximately C$7,100,000) based on the success of the migration of the card portfolio. The buyer has made the initial payment to Mint UAE. The Asset Purchase Agreement provides for a migration period of approximately nine months from the closing date and includes an obligation of Mint UAE to deliver a financial performance bank guarantee and customer representations, warranties, indemnities and covenants typical for a transaction of this nature. The transaction has received the consent of the holders of the Company’s Series A debentures and is subject to approval by the TSX Venture Exchange. Trading in the Company’s shares will remain halted until the TSX Venture Exchange requirements to allow trading to resume are met;
- a further amendment dated April 6, 2020, effective as of December 31, 2019, was made to the Trust Indenture which amended the Trust Indenture to, amongst other things, remove the definition of change of control, change the non-cash payment of interest from subscription receipts to common shares, and waive any interest payment breaches relating to the December 31, 2019 and March 31, 2020 interest payments. The Company is in the process of issuing Mint common shares to MTG, the holder of the Series A debentures, as payment for these interest amounts owing, subject to approval by the TSX Venture Exchange.
Certain statements in this news release constitute “forward-looking” statements. These statements relate to future events or our future performance and, in certain cases, can be identified by the use of words such as “estimated” “intends”, “plans”, “expects”, “anticipates”, or variations of such words and phrases as statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “can”, will”, “might”, “shall”, “would” occur, or the negative forms of any of these words and other similar expressions. Forward-looking statements include the timing of filing the Required Annual Filings, migration of the payroll card portfolio in the United Arab Emirates pursuant to the Asset Purchase Agreement, payment of the performance-based additional cash payment under the Asset Purchase Agreement and the amount and timing thereof, approval of the TSX Venture Exchange for the transaction pursuant to the Asset Purchase Agreement, the duration of the halt of the Company’s shares and resumption of trading. All such statements involve substantial known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to vary from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements reflect current expectations regarding future events and operating performance and speak only as of the date of this news release. Forward-looking statements involve significant risks and uncertainties, they should not be read as guarantees of future performance or results, and they will not necessarily be accurate indications of whether or not such results will be achieved. A number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, the severity, duration and effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the ability of the Company and its advisors to complete the Required Annual Filings in a timely manner, the success of migrating the payroll card portfolio in the United Arab Emirates, approval of the TSX Venture Exchange of the transaction under the Asset Purchase Agreement, satisfaction of TSX Venture Exchange requirements to allow trading of Mint common shares to resume and approval by the TSX Venture Exchange to make outstanding interest payments under the Trust Indenture by issuing Mint common shares. Although the forward-looking statements contained in this news release are based upon what management of Mint believes are reasonable assumptions on the date of this news release, Mint cannot assure investors that actual results will be consistent with these forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties and other risks detailed from time-to-time in Mint’s ongoing filings with the securities regulatory authorities, which filings can be found at www.sedar.com. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this news release and Mint disclaims any intent or obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, unless required by applicable securities laws.
The Mint Corporation through its majority-owned subsidiaries (the “Mint Group“), is a globally certified payments company headquartered in Toronto, Canada with its primary business in Dubai, UAE. The Mint Group provides employers, employees and merchants with best-in-class financial services supported via payroll cards and the feature rich and linked Mint mobile application. Through its mobile enabled payments platform certified globally by Mastercard and UnionPay, Mint brings modern financial conveniences, at reasonable cost, to employers, merchants and consumers.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release
The Mint Corporation
Vishy Karamadam, Chief Executive Officer
To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/54444
Stockify goes fully Digital, offers Mutual Funds and Dematerialization of shares
In a strategic move to expand its offerings and provide a comprehensive suite of financial services, Stockify, a leading platform for Unlisted and pre-IPO shares in India, has announced plans to venture into the Mutual Fund space.
This development comes as part of Stockify’s mission to assist High-Net Individuals (HNIs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) in accessing various investment opportunities in India via the pre-IPO route and maximizing their wealth. The company is also set to facilitate the Dematerialization of Shares. (Conversion of Physical Share to DEMAT account.)
Founded by Piyush Jhunjhunwala (CA, CPA) and Co-Founded by Rahul Khatuwala (CA) both seasoned finance professionals with decades of experience in global conglomerates.
Stockify has already carved a niche for itself in the Indian Financial landscape. The platform primarily focuses on providing access to Blue-Chip Stocks before their listing on the Indian Stock Market (via the Pre IPO Route) enabling early investors to potentially achieve significant returns. While expressing the company’s intent behind expanding its services, Jhunjhunwala said, “Mutual Funds are the backbone of the Indian Equity market, and we believe it is important that NRI and retail investors in India can greatly benefit from our new offering and this will help them in creating long-term wealth.”
The recent announcement of Stockify entering the Mutual Funds market follows the company’s successful acquisition of a Mutual Fund license in the first quarter of 2023. Alongside Mutual Funds, Stockify intends to offer an array of other financial products, like Start-up Funding, fixed investment products like Bonds and Non-Convertible Debentures (NCDs) and Insurance-Linked Investments, in the coming months. Notably, Stockify plans to make all its products and services 100% accessible online, aligning with the Digital India vision of our beloved Prime Minster Mr. Narendra Modi.
Currently, Stockify boasts 70 Unlisted/pre-IPO companies on its platform, with in-depth research conducted on all of them as stated by Jhunjhunwala. It offers a simple online process where transactions can be completed online, and shares get transferred to the clients DEMAT account on the same day.
Stockify’s global presence was recently showcased at the Dubai Fintech Summit (DFS). The two-day event brought together over 5,000 C-suite leaders, 1,000-plus investors, and 150 speakers from around the world. Stockify was selected as one of the proud exhibitors at the summit, solidifying its position as one of the world’s largest providers of pre-IPO and Unlisted Stocks in India.
With its ambitious expansion plans and commitment to innovation, Stockify is set to continue revolutionizing the way investors access and engage with financial opportunities in India and beyond.
VerifyVASP Wins Hong Kong’s IFTA Fintech and Innovation Awards 2022/23: Regulatory Technology Award
VerifyVASP was awarded the Institute of Financial Technologists of Asia (IFTA) Fintech and Innovation Awards 2022/23 for Regulatory Technology. The awards exhibit the extraordinary achievements made by companies and individuals in the finance and technology industries.
The IFTA Awards, themed “Game Changers: The Rise of Next Gen Fintech”, celebrates ground-breaking ideas and technologies that are shaping the future of finance. The distinguished Guest of Honour presenting the IFTA awards was the Under Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury for Financial Services in the Hong Kong SAR, Mr. Joseph Ho-Lim Chan.
VerifyVASP has established itself as a comprehensive Travel Rule solution provider catering to Virtual Assets Service Providers (VASPs) worldwide. Its commitment to facilitating full compliance with Travel Rule regulations across multiple jurisdictions has earned it this prestigious recognition.
This accolade comes at an opportune time, as VerifyVASP supports the Hong Kong Virtual Asset Trading Platforms (VATPs) in adhering to the regulatory framework set forth by the Hong Kong Securities & Futures Commission, which came into effect on 1 June 2023. VATPs are granted a grace period till 1 January 2024 to ensure compliance with Travel Rule requirements.
The IFTA Fintech and Innovation Award underscores VerifyVASP’s capabilities, including:
- Facilitation of counterparty due diligence: VerifyVASP assists VASPs in counterparty due diligence before the first transaction, to stringent standards akin to that observed in correspondent banking. This is achieved through VerifyVASP’s own rigorous due diligence process, encompassing over 100 VASPs.
- Immediate and secure transmission: Leveraging a scalable architecture, VerifyVASP ensures immediate and secure transmission of required information, alongside verification of such information. To date, the platform has processed over 5 million transfers.
- Adherence to international data protection laws: VerifyVASP complies with international data protection law thanks to its decentralised, end to end encrypted architecture. This dedication to data security and privacy sets it apart in the industry.
- Asset agnostic: VerifyVASP’s capabilities extend to accommodating any type of virtual asset, having processed over 400 cryptocurrency variants on its platform.
- Integration of third-party screening solutions: VerifyVASP seamlessly integrates third-party solutions, allowing for efficient screening of originators or beneficiaries before blockchain transactions.
SOURCE VerifyVASP Pte Ltd
Nagad’s Digital Bank on cards, Sadaf to lead the side
Nagad, Bangladesh’s leading Mobile Financial Service (MFS) provider, is gearing up to establish the much-anticipated digital bank, as it is going to secure a licence from the Bangladesh Bank within a couple of months.
Sadaf Roksana, a co-founder and executive director of Nagad Ltd., has been entrusted with the responsibility of leading her company’s transformative venture that will bring greater convenience to the lives of millions of Bangladeshis, reducing their reliance on traditional brick-and-mortar banks.
The MFS provider earlier applied to secure a digital bank licence following the central bank’s call for applications through its website. The Bangladesh Bank also formulated necessary guidelines to widen and accelerate financial inclusion, which will also create jobs for young IT workers.
The world’s fastest mobile money carrier is going to venture into the digital banking era at a time when the financial landscape across the globe is fast evolving towards digitalisation, driven by technological advancements and changing consumer preferences.
Taking on the new assignment, Sadaf, a seasoned financial executive with a remarkable track record in the fintech industry, is poised to steer Nagad’s digital bank towards success. Once Nagad gets the digital bank licence, it will provide its consumers with innovative and convenient banking solutions.
“We are very excited that we are going to introduce digital banking services to the people of Bangladesh within a couple of months,” Sadaf said, adding, “This endeavour aligns perfectly with our vision of enhancing financial inclusion and ensuring easy access to all financial services also at affordable prices.”
Nagad is already well-equipped to launch a digital bank. It will start serving customers soon after getting the licence, Sadaf assured.
Under its digital banking platform, Nagad will introduce many new services, such as single-digit and collateral-free loans for small informal businesses and farmers who now are to take loans from moneylenders even at 40% interest rate per day, she pointed out.
“Thus, we will encourage them to come under financial inclusion, thus putting their money into the formal channel,” she expressed her optimism.
To assess one’s creditworthiness, Nagad has created an AI-based credit rating system that will analyse all transactions-related data available on public domains using one’s NID and mobile number, Sadaf Roksana added.
As Nagad goes ahead with its plans, all eyes will be on Sadaf Roksana and her team as they will embark on this exciting journey towards a more digitised and inclusive financial future for the country.
SOURCE Nagad Limited
- Bitcoin Price Climbs 3% on US Shutdown and Yields Gloom, But Bitcoin Minetrix Raises $200,000 and Is the Real Winner
- Webb Unveils Tangle Network Testnet, Pioneering the Future of Private, Decentralized Applications
- AMD Unveils Purpose-Built, FPGA-Based Accelerator for Ultra-Low Latency Electronic Trading
- AIIB, Türkiye Sign EUR150 Million Loan Agreement as Additional Funding for Istanbul Seismic Mitigation and Emergency Preparedness
- L’Oréal groupe OFFICIALLY OPENS NEW UK HEADQUARTERS IN WHITE CITY
- Digital Twin Market size worth USD 133.7 Billion, Globally, by 2030 at 38.1% CAGR: Verified Market Research®
- Swoop and Sage Unveil Global Partnership to Revolutionise Business Funding and Cost-Savings Solutions
- Swoop and Sage Unveil Global Partnership to Revolutionize Business Funding and Cost-Savings Solutions
- BGC Group Updates its Outlook for the Third Quarter of 2023
- Halifax Agrees to Acquire the Worldwide Home Care Division of Sodexo
- 2023 World Design Cites Conference Opens in Shanghai
- Embracing common values of whole mankind: China’s commitment to brighter future
- CRAYFISH BIDCO OY EXTENDS OFFER PERIOD UNDER ITS TENDER OFFER FOR CAVERION CORPORATION UNTIL 1 NOVEMBER 2023; EXPECTS TO OBTAIN REMAINING MERGER CONTROL CLEARANCE IN FINLAND IN OCTOBER
- Tetragon Financial Group Limited August 2023 Monthly Factsheet
- ChainUp Celebrates 6th Anniversary, Charting Blockchain Innovations beyond Digital Assets
Fintech PR2 weeks ago
2023 Asian Green and Low-Carbon Development Roundtable successfully held
Fintech PR2 weeks ago
Aon Joins International Emissions Trading Association as First Member with Risk Capital Capabilities
Fintech PR2 weeks ago
Wearable Devices and IoT Revolutionize Healthcare Monitoring and Weight Management
Fintech PR2 weeks ago
MYEG PARTNERS CHINA’S BEITOU IT INNOVATION TO SHOWCASE DIGITAL IDENTITY CREDENTIALS SERVICE ON THE ZETRIX BLOCKCHAIN
Fintech PR2 weeks ago
Tom Fitzpatrick Joins R.J. O’Brien as Managing Director, Global Markets Insights
Fintech PR2 weeks ago
Stockings shift toward subscriptions this holiday season for UK shoppers, according to Recurly research
Fintech PR2 weeks ago
MAX Exchange and Bitget announce strategic partnership, marking MAX Token’s debut on an international exchange
Fintech PR2 weeks ago
Ingenico and Diggecard announce a comprehensive gift card solution for acquirers using PPaaS, Ingenico’s Payments Platform as a Service