Toronto, Ontario–(Newsfile Corp. – May 19, 2020) – Lendified Holdings Inc. (formerly, Hampton Bay Capital Inc.) (the “Company“) is pleased to announce that it anticipates trading in its common shares on the TSX Venture Exchange (the “TSXV“) will commence on or about Monday, May 25, 2020 under the ticker symbol “LHI”, subject to final approval by the TSXV.
The Company provides further update that it will rely on the temporary blanket relief granted by the Ontario Securities Commission in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic in Ontario Instrument 51-102 – Temporary Exemption from Certain Corporate Finance Requirements (“Ontario Instrument 51-102“) and Ontario Instrument 51-504 – Temporary Exemptions from Certain Requirements to File or Send Securityholder Materials (“Ontario Instrument 51-504“) and similar exemptions provided by the other Canadian Securities Regulators due to logistics and delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Company is relying on the exemption provided in Ontario Instrument 51-502 (and similar exemptions provided by other Canadian Securities Regulators) in respect of the following requirements for the Company and Lendified PrivCo Holding Corporation (formerly Lendified Holdings Inc.) (“Lendified“), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company acquired through the Company’s previously announced qualifying transaction (the “Qualifying Transaction“):
- the requirement to file Lendified’s audited annual financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2019 (the “Lendified Annual Financial Statements“) on or before the later of 20 days after the date of the completion of the Qualifying Transaction and 120 days after the end of its financial year as required by National Instrument 51-102 – Continuous Disclosure Obligations (“NI 51-102“);
- the requirement to file Lendified’s interim financial statements for the three months ended March 31, 2020 (the “Lendified Interim Financial Statements“) on or before the later of 10 days after the date of the completion of the Qualifying Transaction and 60 days after the end of the interim period as required by NI 51-102;
- the requirement to file the Company’s interim financial statements for the three months ended March 31, 2020 (the “Interim Financial Statements“) within 60 days after the end of the interim period as required by NI 51-102;
- the requirement to file the Company’s management’s discussion and analysis (the “MD&A“) for the period covered by the Interim Financial Statements within 60 days after the end of the interim period as required by NI 51-102; and
- the requirement to file certifications of the Interim Financial Statements (the “Certificates” and together with the Interim Financial Statements and the MD&A, the “Interim Filings“) pursuant to National Instrument 52-109 – Certification of Disclosure in Issuers’ Annual and Interim Filings.
The Company expects to complete the Lendified Annual Financial Statements on or before July 2, 2020. The Company expects to complete the Lendified Interim Financial Statements and Interim Filings on or before July 14, 2020. Until such time as the Lendified Annual Financial Statements, Lendified Interim Financial Statements and Interim Filings are filed, the Company’s management and other insiders are subject to a trading blackout that reflects the principles contained in section 9 of National Policy 11-207 – Failure-to-File Cease Trade Orders and Revocations in Multiple Jurisdictions. The Company confirms there have been no material business developments other than as disclosed herein, the Company’s press release dated April 30, 2020 and in the Company’s Filing Statement date March 30, 2020.
The Company is also relying on the exemption provided in Ontario Instrument 51-504 (and similar exemptions provided by other Canadian Securities Regulators) to postpone the public filing of its executive compensation disclosure required by National Instrument 51-102 until such time as it is filed and delivered to shareholders as part of the Company’s information circular relating to its annual meeting of shareholders and in any event, shall file such executive compensation disclosure on or before December 31, 2020.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF
LENDIFIED HOLDINGS INC.
Troy Wright, Chief Executive Officer and Director
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING INFORMATION
This news release contains forward-looking statements including, but not limited to, the timing of trading of the Company’s common shares on the TSXV, statements about the Company’s strategies, expectations, planned operations or future actions, statements about the duration and effects of COVID-19, the completion and filing of the Annual Filings and the filing of the Company’s executive compensation disclosure. Often, but not always, these forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as “estimated”, “potential”, “open”, “future”, “assumed”, “projected”, “used”, “detailed”, “has been”, “gain”, “planned”, “reflecting”, “will”, “containing”, “remaining”, “to be”, or statements that events, “could” or “should” occur or be achieved and similar expressions, including negative variations.
Forward-looking statements involve significant risk, uncertainties and assumptions. Many factors could cause actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from the results discussed or implied in the forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, the risk factors described in greater detail in the Company’s Filing Statement dated March 30, 2020. These factors should be considered carefully and readers should not place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements. Although the forward-looking statements contained in this news release are based upon what management believes to be reasonable assumptions, the Company cannot assure readers that actual results will be consistent with these forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements contained herein are made as of the date hereof and the Company disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or results or otherwise, except where required by law. There can be no assurance that these forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
Neither the TSXV nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSXV) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/56163
Stockify goes fully Digital, offers Mutual Funds and Dematerialization of shares
In a strategic move to expand its offerings and provide a comprehensive suite of financial services, Stockify, a leading platform for Unlisted and pre-IPO shares in India, has announced plans to venture into the Mutual Fund space.
This development comes as part of Stockify’s mission to assist High-Net Individuals (HNIs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) in accessing various investment opportunities in India via the pre-IPO route and maximizing their wealth. The company is also set to facilitate the Dematerialization of Shares. (Conversion of Physical Share to DEMAT account.)
Founded by Piyush Jhunjhunwala (CA, CPA) and Co-Founded by Rahul Khatuwala (CA) both seasoned finance professionals with decades of experience in global conglomerates.
Stockify has already carved a niche for itself in the Indian Financial landscape. The platform primarily focuses on providing access to Blue-Chip Stocks before their listing on the Indian Stock Market (via the Pre IPO Route) enabling early investors to potentially achieve significant returns. While expressing the company’s intent behind expanding its services, Jhunjhunwala said, “Mutual Funds are the backbone of the Indian Equity market, and we believe it is important that NRI and retail investors in India can greatly benefit from our new offering and this will help them in creating long-term wealth.”
The recent announcement of Stockify entering the Mutual Funds market follows the company’s successful acquisition of a Mutual Fund license in the first quarter of 2023. Alongside Mutual Funds, Stockify intends to offer an array of other financial products, like Start-up Funding, fixed investment products like Bonds and Non-Convertible Debentures (NCDs) and Insurance-Linked Investments, in the coming months. Notably, Stockify plans to make all its products and services 100% accessible online, aligning with the Digital India vision of our beloved Prime Minster Mr. Narendra Modi.
Currently, Stockify boasts 70 Unlisted/pre-IPO companies on its platform, with in-depth research conducted on all of them as stated by Jhunjhunwala. It offers a simple online process where transactions can be completed online, and shares get transferred to the clients DEMAT account on the same day.
Stockify’s global presence was recently showcased at the Dubai Fintech Summit (DFS). The two-day event brought together over 5,000 C-suite leaders, 1,000-plus investors, and 150 speakers from around the world. Stockify was selected as one of the proud exhibitors at the summit, solidifying its position as one of the world’s largest providers of pre-IPO and Unlisted Stocks in India.
With its ambitious expansion plans and commitment to innovation, Stockify is set to continue revolutionizing the way investors access and engage with financial opportunities in India and beyond.
VerifyVASP Wins Hong Kong’s IFTA Fintech and Innovation Awards 2022/23: Regulatory Technology Award
VerifyVASP was awarded the Institute of Financial Technologists of Asia (IFTA) Fintech and Innovation Awards 2022/23 for Regulatory Technology. The awards exhibit the extraordinary achievements made by companies and individuals in the finance and technology industries.
The IFTA Awards, themed “Game Changers: The Rise of Next Gen Fintech”, celebrates ground-breaking ideas and technologies that are shaping the future of finance. The distinguished Guest of Honour presenting the IFTA awards was the Under Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury for Financial Services in the Hong Kong SAR, Mr. Joseph Ho-Lim Chan.
VerifyVASP has established itself as a comprehensive Travel Rule solution provider catering to Virtual Assets Service Providers (VASPs) worldwide. Its commitment to facilitating full compliance with Travel Rule regulations across multiple jurisdictions has earned it this prestigious recognition.
This accolade comes at an opportune time, as VerifyVASP supports the Hong Kong Virtual Asset Trading Platforms (VATPs) in adhering to the regulatory framework set forth by the Hong Kong Securities & Futures Commission, which came into effect on 1 June 2023. VATPs are granted a grace period till 1 January 2024 to ensure compliance with Travel Rule requirements.
The IFTA Fintech and Innovation Award underscores VerifyVASP’s capabilities, including:
- Facilitation of counterparty due diligence: VerifyVASP assists VASPs in counterparty due diligence before the first transaction, to stringent standards akin to that observed in correspondent banking. This is achieved through VerifyVASP’s own rigorous due diligence process, encompassing over 100 VASPs.
- Immediate and secure transmission: Leveraging a scalable architecture, VerifyVASP ensures immediate and secure transmission of required information, alongside verification of such information. To date, the platform has processed over 5 million transfers.
- Adherence to international data protection laws: VerifyVASP complies with international data protection law thanks to its decentralised, end to end encrypted architecture. This dedication to data security and privacy sets it apart in the industry.
- Asset agnostic: VerifyVASP’s capabilities extend to accommodating any type of virtual asset, having processed over 400 cryptocurrency variants on its platform.
- Integration of third-party screening solutions: VerifyVASP seamlessly integrates third-party solutions, allowing for efficient screening of originators or beneficiaries before blockchain transactions.
SOURCE VerifyVASP Pte Ltd
Nagad’s Digital Bank on cards, Sadaf to lead the side
Nagad, Bangladesh’s leading Mobile Financial Service (MFS) provider, is gearing up to establish the much-anticipated digital bank, as it is going to secure a licence from the Bangladesh Bank within a couple of months.
Sadaf Roksana, a co-founder and executive director of Nagad Ltd., has been entrusted with the responsibility of leading her company’s transformative venture that will bring greater convenience to the lives of millions of Bangladeshis, reducing their reliance on traditional brick-and-mortar banks.
The MFS provider earlier applied to secure a digital bank licence following the central bank’s call for applications through its website. The Bangladesh Bank also formulated necessary guidelines to widen and accelerate financial inclusion, which will also create jobs for young IT workers.
The world’s fastest mobile money carrier is going to venture into the digital banking era at a time when the financial landscape across the globe is fast evolving towards digitalisation, driven by technological advancements and changing consumer preferences.
Taking on the new assignment, Sadaf, a seasoned financial executive with a remarkable track record in the fintech industry, is poised to steer Nagad’s digital bank towards success. Once Nagad gets the digital bank licence, it will provide its consumers with innovative and convenient banking solutions.
“We are very excited that we are going to introduce digital banking services to the people of Bangladesh within a couple of months,” Sadaf said, adding, “This endeavour aligns perfectly with our vision of enhancing financial inclusion and ensuring easy access to all financial services also at affordable prices.”
Nagad is already well-equipped to launch a digital bank. It will start serving customers soon after getting the licence, Sadaf assured.
Under its digital banking platform, Nagad will introduce many new services, such as single-digit and collateral-free loans for small informal businesses and farmers who now are to take loans from moneylenders even at 40% interest rate per day, she pointed out.
“Thus, we will encourage them to come under financial inclusion, thus putting their money into the formal channel,” she expressed her optimism.
To assess one’s creditworthiness, Nagad has created an AI-based credit rating system that will analyse all transactions-related data available on public domains using one’s NID and mobile number, Sadaf Roksana added.
As Nagad goes ahead with its plans, all eyes will be on Sadaf Roksana and her team as they will embark on this exciting journey towards a more digitised and inclusive financial future for the country.
SOURCE Nagad Limited
- PTI Secures €1.2 Billion Multi-Jurisdiction Transaction
- BranchOut Food Inc. Expands Partnership with EnWave Corporation. Increasing Manufacturing Capacity by an Additional ~$15mm Annually & Secures Additional Product Exclusivities.
- SIGMA Financial AI unveils Akili-AI: Cutting-Edge, AI-based, no-code suite of tools for traders
- NJI Welcomes Allison Hoffman Cousens as Managing Director of Partnerships & Marketing
- AlphaSense Grows to $2.5 Billion Valuation, Securing $150 Million in Series E Funding Led by BOND
- FP Markets Wins ‘Best Trading Conditions’ and ‘Most Trusted Broker’ at the Ultimate Fintech Awards Global 2023
- Coating Additives Market worth $10.5 billion by 2028 – Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- RiverStone International to Drive Investment Strategy with Clearwater Analytics
- Gallerist Pearl Lam Launches The Pearl Lam Podcast
- Intrum: Three quarters of consumers admit to breaking even or overspending each month
- Navigating the Future: Yodaplus’s DocuTrade at the Forefront of the Trade Finance Evolution
- New EU Carbon Emissions Tariff Will Significantly Impact Businesses, Highlights Report from The Conference Board
- Guangzhou Development District holds 2023 Saudi (Jazan) Special Investment Promotion and Exchange Forum
- Global IPO market: Investor appetite shifts from growth to value amid tighter liquidity
- Shandong kicks off the 2023 World Cities Forum and Regional Leaders’ Summit
Fintech PR2 weeks ago
2023 Asian Green and Low-Carbon Development Roundtable successfully held
Fintech PR1 week ago
MYEG PARTNERS CHINA’S BEITOU IT INNOVATION TO SHOWCASE DIGITAL IDENTITY CREDENTIALS SERVICE ON THE ZETRIX BLOCKCHAIN
Fintech PR1 week ago
Aon Joins International Emissions Trading Association as First Member with Risk Capital Capabilities
Fintech PR1 week ago
Wearable Devices and IoT Revolutionize Healthcare Monitoring and Weight Management
Fintech PR1 week ago
Rönesans secures prodigious ranking in ENR list: 9th European largest international contracting company, and 38th worldwide
Fintech PR1 week ago
Tom Fitzpatrick Joins R.J. O’Brien as Managing Director, Global Markets Insights
Fintech PR1 week ago
MAX Exchange and Bitget announce strategic partnership, marking MAX Token’s debut on an international exchange
Fintech PR2 weeks ago
iFOREX new Dubai efforts