If mass adoption of cryptocurrency is ever going to happen, we need widely-available cryptocurrency education to happen first.
People won’t use what they don’t understand. We saw this with initial resistance to the internet, social media, and smartphones. In the case of these three technologies, there wasn’t a lot of education needed to get people to eventually get on board: the tech just had to become more accessible, more useful, or cool enough that suddenly everybody wanted it.
Cryptocurrency is more complicated than a smartphone, however. Just as we educate children about fiat money in age-appropriate ways, through allowances and budgeting and savings accounts, we must also teach the mainstream audience about how to use and interact with cryptocurrency, to protect them from making foolish decisions.
A child who has not been educated about money might blow their allowance on candy rather than saving up for a new video. An adult who has not been educated about cryptocurrency, on the other hand, might share their private keys with a scammer or invest in a KaratBars-style scam.
Knowledge is power
When we teach people about cryptocurrency, we empower them to make smart decisions. A person who understands the importance of their private keys will keep them in a safe place and not share them with scammers. A person who has learned how to perform due diligence won’t invest in the first get-rich-quick scheme that lands in their inbox. A person who has learned how the blockchain works will understand whether or not blockchain implementation will improve their business’s operations.
We can’t just hand the world blockchain and cryptocurrency and expect them to know what to do with it. If mass adoption of cryptocurrency is ever going to happen, we need widely-available cryptocurrency education to happen first.
If you’re reading this, chances are you’re already a member of the crypto community and you have some understanding of the underlying technology and tokenomics. But if you’re relatively new yourself, you may have trouble properly explaining these concepts to the people in your life. It’s a frustrating experience, having just enough knowledge about something to be excited about it, but not enough to get other people to understand and be excited, too.
Invite people to learn alongside you
You are in the perfect position to serve as an ambassador for cryptocurrency and the blockchain. Your passion and excitement is probably contagious, and your curiosity is likely driving you to learn more. Harness that! Now is the time to ask your friends and family to join you on this exciting journey into the new frontier of cryptocurrency.
One good way to do this is to get people to join you for a class. You may be able to find an in-person workshop that’s open to the public. But another good option is to join an online class together — this offers a lot more flexibility, and also allows you to invite people to join you regardless of the geographical distance between you.
The great thing about learning alongside someone is that there’s a lot of opportunity for discussion. When you’re attending the same class, you’re on the same ground. You know what your friend has already learned, because you learned it alongside them. And because you have a little more experience than they do, you’ll be in a good position to help them, by clearing up something they didn’t quite understand in class, or pointing them to good resources for further learning.
Top tips for getting a good crypto education
- Whether you decide to sign up for an on-line course or educate yourself by reading articles and watching videos, make sure you’re learning from a reliable, up-to-date source.
- Learn how to do your own due diligence. Whether you’re considering a workshop, an exchange, or an investment opportunity, you should know how to perform the proper research.
- Be wary of anyone offering fast profits or guaranteed returns. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Never transfer your crypto funds to a teaching platform without being 100% confident that they are trustworthy. Actually, never transfer your crypto funds to anyone unless you’re confident in who you’re dealing with.
- Stay on top of news and developments in the industry by getting your news from trusted, crypto-centric sources.
- Look for high-quality subreddits, Telegram chats, and forums where people actually discuss cryptocurrency rather than hyping the next get-rich-quick scheme.
Mass adoption doesn’t just happen. It happens because people find something great, and they want to share it with others. You’ve learned how exciting cryptocurrency can be. How will you share that with the people in your life?
Online platforms for a crypto education
You have several options available if you’d like to pursue an online education in cryptocurrency and the blockchain:
- Cointelligence Academy – If you’re looking for an online class suitable for everyone from crypto enthusiasts to total beginners, we’d like to invite you to Cointelligence Academy, a course series designed to cover everything from the basics of bitcoin and blockchain to how to perform due diligence on crypto projects. These classes are presented by Cointelligence staff who have years of experience in cryptocurrency and a passion for crypto education.
- Introduction to Digital Currencies at UNIC – Get a taste of the University of Nicosia experience by enrolling in the world’s first free MOOC (massive open online course) on cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. This introductory course is taught by the CEO of UNIC and a Bitcoin entrepreneur, so students are sure to get an expert education.
- BlockGeeks – Considered by many to be the leading crypto academy, this platform offers unlimited access to a variety of courses at a monthly fee. They also offer a “Blockdegree” in ETH. Much of their education is geared towards Ethereum, so those looking to get a job on an ERC-based project may do well to look into this platform for their professional development.
There’s an option out there for every student. Consider what your goals are, how much time and money you have to invest in your education, and how you like to learn, and get started on getting a great crypto education today. Every step you take to learn more is another step towards mass adoption.
About the author: On Yavin is the founder and CEO at Cointelligence, a company that conducts data research and analysis for the crypto economy. On has extensive experience as a serial entrepreneur and angel investor, as well as more than 20 years of experience in the tech industry. On uses his deep, hands-on experience and knowledge of online marketing to create winning strategies for crypto, and blockchain companies. Having earned the reputation of “crypto expert”, On continues to contribute to this industry in ways that advance cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies. On has a law degree (LLB) and is also a certified Advocate by the Israeli Bar Association.
DNA Behavior International Takes its API to the Next Level by Enabling it with AI
For some time now DNA Behavior has been using its API to help a variety of organizations quickly “plug in” its behavioral chip to discover and leverage behavioral insights already within their people and systems. Now, DNA Behavior is taking that effort to the next level, by leveraging a suite of enterprise-ready AI services, applications, and toolsets to accelerate the adoption of behavioral insights across large financial services enterprises.
“Banks and large wealth management firms are leveraging behavioral finance to gain a competitive edge,” says Hugh Massie, CEO of DNA Behavior International. “To date, behavioral finance initiatives have been pinpointed and targeted toward specific client and employee groups. By utilizing AI and additional apps and toolsets, DNA Behavior is poised to implement the worlds’ largest behavioral finance initiatives for banks and wealth management firms. In short, rapid application of BeFi across larger organizations.”
DNA Behavior’s focus and specialty is revealing 200+ behavioral insights and the action steps needed to aid employees and clients in investing, working, spending and living smarter. Leveraging these additional technologies in addition to DNA’s API help meet industry demands to create rich omnichannel experiences by applying behavioral insights to enterprise-wide datasets.
“We’re using linguistic analytics to deepen our – and our clients’ – understanding of individual’s personality characteristics,” Massie says. “The linguistic and tone patterns individuals use in their speech or written communication have inherent connections to their instinctive behaviors. Revealing these linguistic and tone patterns will aid in DNA Behavior’s core offering, which is validated, robust, consistent and practical behavioral insights and customized experiences they can “plugin” to their own systems. These latest additions amp up that offering, expanding the possibilities, both in terms of speed and volume,”
As examples of its new AI-enabled API, Massie offers three scenarios:
- Use natural language recognition capabilities to discern the intent of what a user is saying, to respond to inquiries and requests. The problem is, most chatbots and automated support systems use a one-size-fits-all approach to respond to inquiries. DNA is powering current technologies to customize these existing engagements at scale.
- Measure emotions, fears and excitement for investors and relaying this intelligence to advice teams along with the communication steps and a playbook to behaviorally manage clients.
- Use linguistic analytics to infer individuals’ personality characteristics, from digital communications such as email, blogs, tweets, and forum posts. This enables an organization to better parse a user’s inclination to create a customized marketing playbook for each client. Organizations armed with this information will optimize their marketing spend for steak dinners, theater tickets, gifts and professional sporting events.
SOURCE DNA Behavior International
Post-fundraising update: YouTrip Secures Principal Licence From Mastercard To Fuel Rapid Growth in Singapore
YouTrip, Singapore’s first multi-currency mobile wallet with a prepaid Mastercard, has announced that it has secured a Principal Licence from Mastercard and will be assuming the primary role of issuer and stored value facility holder of YouTrip accounts. This will allow YouTrip to deliver improved and additional features directly to its users, as well as enable it to provide a more robust and dedicated payment security setup in anticipation of The Payment Services Act targeted to commence in 2020.
Having partnered with Mastercard and EZ-Link to launch in Singapore in August 2018, YouTrip will be taking over the role of issuer and holder of stored value accounts from EZ-Link while continuing the current brand partnership. This is part of YouTrip’s wider ambitions to develop its platform and new features for its users, as it readies itself for expansion. Since YouTrip announced its record pre-Series A fundraise earlier this year, it has doubled the number of app downloads to over 400,000 from 200,000 in May and grown its team beyond 100 people across its offices in Singapore and Hong Kong.
Caecilia Chu, co-founder and CEO of YouTrip said, “We have come a long way since we launched a year ago. The tremendous support we have received from our users is truly humbling, and also a testament to their belief and confidence in our mission to transform overseas travel spending. Securing a Principal Licence from Mastercard marks another significant milestone in our growth journey as it will allow us to operate and deliver additional features directly to our users, as well as accommodate more sign-ups. As the regional fintech space continues to develop dynamically, this licence will provide the ideal springboard for the development and expansion plans we have in the pipeline.”
YouTrip also recently obtained a remittance licence from MAS to cater for future product development. This will be key to its expansion plans as more regulators identify fintech as a major growth area and introduce progressive policy measures to facilitate innovation and the broadening usage of such services.
POS Terminal Market to Soar Owing to Massive Demand for Cost-Effective Technologies to Manage Payment Systems by 2023: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Global POS Terminal Market is anticipated that the market will witness a higher CAGR during the forecast period. Retail payment systems account for an essential position in the smooth functioning of any economy. In the past years the growing popularity of the device across different verticals is enabling the industry growth. Inception of cloud technology and related benefits are more likely to deliver robust technology for payment systems in the near future. Further, major development in the POS device such as size and technology compatibility for small-scale business, and greater flexibility.
Driving factors comprise massive demand for cost-effective technologies to manage payment systems within different verticals. POS terminal offers convenience and features in various application segments. In addition, the proliferation of smartphones and modernization of app technology provide payment service to customers in the consumer market is adding more.
In addition, inception of big data backed by software which is integrated with other software systems is contributing more to the utility value. Hence, greater CRM functionality aligned with customer relations and the use of predictive analysis for client and customers in the B2C space accounts for a massive growth during the forecast period.
Download PDF to know more details about “Global POS Terminal Market” Report 2023.
Fixed and wireless POS form as product segments while hardware and software form the component category for POS terminal market. The Asia Pacific dominates the global scenario owing to the vast presence of customer base and digitalization of payment technologies at large. In addition, inception of start-up technology in India and China acts as a catalyst in strengthening the industry growth in APAC.
The key players are Mswipe Technologies Pvt Ltd, Shenzhen Xinguodu Technology Co Ltd, SMIT Fintech Co Ltd, Fuijan Newland Payment Technology Co Ltd, SZZT Electronics Shenzhen Co Ltd and VeriFone Holdings Inc.
The ‘Global POS Terminal Market Outlook 2018-2023’ offers detailed coverage of POS terminal industry and presents main market trends. The market research gives historical and forecast market size, demand, end-use details, price trends, and company shares of the leading POS terminal producers to provide exhaustive coverage of the market for POS terminal. The report segments the market and forecasts its size, by volume and value, on the basis of application, by products, and by geography.
The report has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from key industry participants. The global POS terminal market has been segmented into five major regions, namely, North America (U.S., Canada, and others), Europe (U.K., France, Germany, Russia, and others), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, and others), South America (Brazil, Argentina, and others), and Middle East & Africa (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and others). Furthermore, the report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key vendors operating in this market.
Access 143 page research report with TOC on “Global POS Terminal Market” available with Radiant Insights, Inc. @: https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/global-pos-terminal-market-outlook-2018-2023
- Key Regions
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Key Vendors
- Fujian Newland Payment Technology Co., Ltd.
- Mswipe Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Shenzhen Xinguodu Technology Co., Ltd.
- SMIT Fintech Co., Ltd.
- SZZT Electronics Shenzhen Co., Ltd.
- VeriFone Holdings, Inc.
- Key Questions Answered in This Report
- Analysis of the POS terminal market including revenues, future growth, market outlook
- Historical data and forecast
- Regional analysis including growth estimates
- Analyzes the end user markets including growth estimates.
- Profiles on POS terminal including products, sales/revenues, and market position
- Market structure, market drivers and restraints.
Browse reports of similar category available with Radiant Insights, Inc.:
Latest News3 months ago
Galaxy Digital Announces Approval of License to Underwrite Registered Public Offerings of Securities
Fintech6 months ago
New App Makes Proxy Voting Easier for Individual Investors
Fintech5 months ago
Coinplug receives its fourth Korean government project of 2019
Latest News3 months ago
SRAX CEO Christopher Miglino to Appear Today on Yahoo Finance LIVE “YFi AM”
Latest News3 months ago
NTT DATA Presents the Future of Digital Acceleration
Latest News4 months ago
Huobi Says: The Crypto Industry Should Embrace Industry Standards & Compliance At V20
Latest News3 months ago
TokenMarket Successfully Concludes its Security Token Offering with 158% Funding
Latest News3 months ago
Ideanomics’ NETS Division and Palcan to Commence Fast Charge Networks Initiative