New offering enables a wide range of new use cases and cross sell opportunities.
MONTREAL, Nov. 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Nuvei Corporation (“Nuvei” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI), the Canadian fintech company, announces today that it has launched its card issuing solution in 30 markets globally. Nuvei clients can now offer their customers, employees, or contractors physical and virtual white-labelled cards.
The company’s global acquiring footprint, combined with the newly launched issuing capability, creates a differentiated value proposition for both Nuvei and its clients. The combination of issuing and acquiring capabilities offers revenue accelerating benefits to customers through same day funding, on-us processing, interchange optimization, and instant transaction reporting.
The new offering is currently available in 30 markets across the European Economic Area, with a roll-out to the UK, US and Latin America planned for 2024.
The new service will offer businesses a variety of use cases, including:
- Virtual cards for B2B customers to pay suppliers.
- Payment cards for payouts, which has utility for customers operating in Marketplaces, Insurance, iGaming or the Gig economy; and
- Wallet-as-a-Service, where Nuvei will manage the entire end-to-end process and distribution for customers, supporting specific use cases such as loyalty programs.
There are multiple benefits Nuvei issued cards can bring to businesses, their employees, and their customers. These include:
- Working capital efficiency: virtual cards enable businesses to instantly access and utilize funds collected from their customers. Once the customer’s transactions have been captured, virtual cards can instantly be issued and used by the merchant to pay suppliers, employees, or other customers. There is no need to wait for the funds to settle before making use of them, hence enhancing working capital. This benefit is useful for instance, in the case of Online Travel Agents purchasing flights or hotel tickets on behalf of their customers.
- Improved authorization rates: When merchant branded cards are used for purchases and Nuvei is both the issuer and acquirer, transaction approval rates can increase. One use case for this capability can be seen in the retail sector, when merchants issue their customers refunds on a virtual or physical card and those customers use their funds in the same store. If transactions are acquired through the same payment processor who issued the card, approval rate improvements will be seen.
- Seamless and cost-effective payouts: virtual and physical cards are fast and easy to issue. They enable businesses to push funds out to their customers or workforce at speed, and often lower cost than traditional payouts to existing cards or directly into bank accounts. Insurance claims, government disbursements and gig economy payouts are primary use cases where card issuing can add value. Because once issued, virtual cards can be used instantly, anywhere cards are accepted, this proposition also creates value in areas where businesses or governments must make payments to parts of the population that are unbanked.
- Increased customer loyalty: merchant issued cards can be both physical and virtual and are white labeled to the merchant’s brand. This can help increase brand awareness and affinity while giving merchants an opportunity to reward their customers. Retailers can use card issuing to process customer refunds for example, and connect card use to reward schemes designed to improve customer loyalty.
Nuvei Chair and CEO, Philip Fayer commented on the announcement: “We’re thrilled to launch card issuing as an additional module to our full stack technology platform. This solution has practical applications for our clients, benefiting their customers by improving their own working capital and simplifying their back-office processing. The launch of our card issuing solution is another example of our dedication to finding new ways to accelerate the business of our clients across the different verticals we operate in, all while growing our own total addressable market.”
Nuvei (Nasdaq: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) is the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47+ markets, 150 currencies and 669 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
For more information, visit www.nuvei.com
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/nuvei-launches-card-issuing-302000633.html
Newmark Group Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2023 Financial Results
Conference Call to Discuss Results Scheduled for 10:00 a.m. ET Today
NEW YORK, Feb. 22, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — Newmark Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NMRK) (“Newmark” or “the Company”), a leading commercial real estate service provider to large institutional investors, global corporations, and other owners and occupiers, today reported its financial results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2023.
A complete and full-text financial results press release, including information about today’s financial results conference call and Newmark’s dividend declaration, is accessible in the “Media” section at https://nmrk.com. It is also available directly at any of the following web pages:
https://ir.nmrk.com (PDF version of the full press release, PDF of a quarterly results investor presentation, and supplemental Excel financial tables)
https://ir.nmrk.com/investors/news-releases/financial-and-corporate-releases (Links to the PDF version of the full press release, PDF of a quarterly results investor presentation, and to Excel financial tables)
https://nmrk.com/media (PDF version of the full release only)
(Note: If clicking on the above links does not open a new web page, you may need to cut and paste the above URLs into your browser’s address bar.)
Today’s conference call is expected to contain forward-looking statements with respect to the Company’s financial outlook.
Newmark Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NMRK), together with its subsidiaries (“Newmark”), is a world leader in commercial real estate, seamlessly powering every phase of the property life cycle. Newmark’s comprehensive suite of services and products is uniquely tailored to each client, from owners to occupiers, investors to founders, and startups to blue-chip companies. Combining the platform’s global reach with market intelligence in both established and emerging property markets, Newmark provides superior service to clients across the industry spectrum. For the year ended December 31, 2023, Newmark generated revenues of approximately $2.5 billion. Newmark’s company-owned offices, together with its business partners, operate from approximately 170 offices with 7,400 professionals around the world. To learn more, visit nmrk.com or follow @newmark.
DISCUSSION OF FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS ABOUT NEWMARK
Statements in this document regarding Newmark that are not historical facts are “forward-looking statements” that involve risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. These include statements about the Company’s business, results, financial position, liquidity, and outlook, which may constitute forward-looking statements and are subject to the risk that the actual impact may differ, possibly materially, from what is currently expected. Except as required by law, Newmark undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see Newmark’s Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors and Special Note on Forward-Looking Information set forth in these filings and any updates to such risk factors and Special Note on Forward-Looking Information contained in subsequent reports on Form 10-K, Form 10-Q or Form 8-K.
Singularity Closes $2.2M in Latest Funding Round to Provide Institutions Confidential Access to DeFi
DENVER, Feb. 22, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — Singularity, founded in late 2022, has successfully concluded its second funding round at the end of 2023, with this round led by Gumi Cryptos Capital. The funding will support the development of its protocol, aimed at facilitating compliant access to DeFi as well as ensuring commercial confidentiality for all on-chain activities, with an emphasis on institutional users.
Notable participation from investors such as Nomura’s digital asset subsidiary Laser Digital, Eureka Partners, and previous round investors including Apollo Crypto, Digital Asset Capital Management, and Gandel Invest, underscores top tier institutional and Venture Capital firms’ confidence in Singularity’s vision. With this latest round, Singularity has raised close to US$4 million since its inception.
Singularity is leading the way in developing a KYC/KYB-compliant institutional DeFi access layer, providing access to leading protocols for on-chain institutional participants while prioritizing commercial confidentiality. Users can seamlessly access existing on-chain liquidity and conduct transactions within Singularity, all while benefiting from on-chain anonymity by utilizing advanced zero-knowledge technology.
The initial cohort of institutional users comprises a significant portion of Singularity’s investors, spanning liquid funds, asset managers, and venture capitalists. Singularity stands as one of the first DeFi infrastructure protocols leveraging Noir-based zero-knowledge circuits. Noir is a domain-specific language for SNARK proving systems developed by Aztec Labs. It serves as a universal language for zero-knowledge (ZK) circuits. Users can have confidence in the commercial confidentiality of their on-chain activity protected by state-of-the-art cryptography.
“We look forward to launching in the coming months with our early institutional users. We focused on designing and building in 2023, and, in what was a very difficult year for primary markets, our investors’ commitments validate the institutional need to transact on-chain without information leakages” said Jemma Xu, co-founder of Singularity, “We have an exciting product roadmap ahead with more integrations and multichain deployments. Our immediate focus is on growing our institutional user base.”
“We are proud to support Singularity in their efforts to advance DeFi accessibility. Singularity addresses a crucial need in the market, providing institutional users with both the compliance and the commercial confidentiality necessary to participate in DeFi. We look forward to partnering with Singularity in this journey,” said Miko Matsumura, Managing Partner at Gumi Cryptos Capital.
“We are excited to support Singularity on its journey to bring private and compliant DeFi accessibility to institutions.” said Jez Mohideen, CEO of Laser Digital.
Users can both leverage the underlying existing on-chain liquidity and transact within the Singularity, obfuscating both wallet addresses and order details. At launch, Singularity will be integrated with some of the major DeFi protocols and will continue to grow its integrations to provide users with a diversity of on-chain strategies.
Singularity, a protocol developed by PG Foundation, is a compliant institutional DeFi access layer that provides access to popular protocols for institutional on-chain participants with commercial confidentiality. Users will have their wallet addresses obfuscated whilst leveraging existing DeFi liquidity. Singularity uses the state-of-the-art UltraPLONK proof system with zero-knowledge circuits based on Noir.
Kakao Brain Debuts ‘KARA-CXR’, a Web-Based Radiology Report Service Powered by Large-Scale AI
“AI Assistant for Radiologists”
- Kakao Brain introduced last month a web-based radiology report Research Use Only (RUO) service powered by its large-scale artificial intelligence (AI), “KARA-CXR.”
- Kakao Brain plans to expand the interactive functions supporting various imaging medical examinations through the advancement of large-scale multi-modal generation AI technology.
SEOUL, South Korea, Feb. 22, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — Kakao Brain has unveiled the research use only (RUO) web-based solution powered by “KARA-CXR” (short for “Kakao Brain AI for Radiology Assistant-CXR”), a large-scale AI algorithm that instantly generates preliminary radiology reports for doctor’s review when chest X-ray images are uploaded onto the web.
Through this user-friendly and seamless solution, medical researchers can experience various functions such as: receiving two types of AI interpretations of chest X-ray images together (a simple report and a detailed full report); ability to upload multiple DICOM files at once and receiving multiple reports simultaneously; and being able to share the AI interpretations within the research group or medical community. It also features compliant security measures that anonymize and protect any personal information contained in DICOM files.
Kakao Brain started developing ‘KARA-CXR’ in 2022, collaborating with 11 leading university hospitals and large medical institutions. Partners include: Ewha Womans University Medical Center (Seoul, Mok-dong), Ajou University Hospital, Soonchunhyang Medical Center (Cheonan, Gumi, Seoul), Chungnam National University Hospital, Chungbuk National University Hospital, Keimyung University Dongsan Medical Center, Inha University Hospital, Dongguk University Ilsan Hospital, among others. ‘KARA-CXR’ has analyzed over 16 million chest X-ray images and readings. KARA-CXR is built on Kakao Brain’s healthcare-specialized large-scale generative AI model, and the research team is preparing to publish the results in influential academic journals.
Kakao Brain is preparing to obtain the European Union certification and seek approval from the US FDA and Korean Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. Kakao Brain is committed to the expansion of AI-powered radiology solution to address the inefficiency in the existing interpretation and reporting process, a shortage of radiologists, and to unburden healthcare professionals from the increasing workload. As an RUO tool, KARA-CXR is currently available for research use only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Kim Il-doo, CEO of Kakao Brain, stated, “As KARA-CXR was developed using high-quality data and the latest technology involving large-scale learning and generative AI, I hope that it will eventually play a great role in enhancing the workflow for the radiologists, not to mention improving the efficiency of chest x-ray image interpretation.” He also added, “We are planning to go beyond generating AI interpretations of chest X-rays by expanding the algorithms to include interactive functions that support a variety of medical imaging tests, by utilizing the advanced large-scale multi-modal generative AI technology.”
Kakao Brain is a Korea-based global AI technology company. Founded in 2017, Kakao Brain aims to develop AI technology that will change people’s lifestyle and embraces the challenge of asking the ‘Unthinkable Question’ to spark innovation, allowing everyone to live better lives. Kakao Brain has developed numerous innovative AI technologies and services designed to enhance people’s quality of life through continuous technological innovation. These include the large-scale language model KoGPT and the image generation model Karlo. Additionally, Kakao Brain contributes to the development of the AI technology community by releasing ‘Coyo,’ a dataset consisting of approximately 740 million images and text. More information about Kakao Brain can be found on their official website: https://KakaoBrain.com/.
- Newmark Group Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2023 Financial Results
- Singularity Closes $2.2M in Latest Funding Round to Provide Institutions Confidential Access to DeFi
- Kakao Brain Debuts ‘KARA-CXR’, a Web-Based Radiology Report Service Powered by Large-Scale AI
- BSV Begins Technical Testing of Teranode: A Watershed Blockchain Upgrade
- XTX Markets announces launch of new machine learning division ‘XTY Labs’ headed by Dr. Atlas Wang
- Primo Water Reports Full-Year And Fourth Quarter 2023 Results
- iokoo: The Revolutionary Alliance of AI and Human Expertise in Computer Troubleshooting
- Bybit Web3 Introduces Airdrop Arcade: The Quest-to-earn Gateway with a Fresh Take on Airdrop Excitement
- Telix 2023 Full Year Results: Inaugural Profit Achieved, Strong Revenue Growth Underpins Investment in Late-stage Pipeline
- Automated, Scalable SME Funding Now Possible Thanks to New Platform from Fintech Factris
- European product recalls break records for fifth consecutive year in 2023
- Ebury and Nium Expand Partnership to Power Cross-border Payments in Brazil
- Finnish digital neobank opens in Sweden and raises the interest rates on fixed-term deposits to a new level
- LenioBio Appoints CTO and CCO to Spearhead Growth and Innovation
- Silent Eight Announces Expansion of Partnership with HSBC To Provide Transaction Screening Solutions
Fintech PR6 days ago
Bybit Web3 Swap Levels Up: Strategic Partnership with SWFT Blockchain Unveils Unprecedented Liquidity and Accessibility
Fintech PR6 days ago
CONSTANTIA FLEXIBLES TO ACQUIRE A MAJORITY OF SHARES OF ALUFLEXPACK AG AND ANNOUNCES PUBLIC TENDER OFFER FOR REMAINING SHARES
Fintech PR6 days ago
Title: Velo Labs’ Orbit Partners with leading POS Networks to Enable Crypto Payments for Over 100,000 Merchants
Fintech PR6 days ago
Bybit Deepens Partnership with SATOS, a VASP License Holder, Establishing Local Office with Open-Door Policy for Crypto Enthusiasts
Fintech PR6 days ago
Global Millennial Capital Raises $20 Million to Fund Transformational Early-Stage Ventures That Empower Future Digital Economies
Fintech PR7 days ago
Cboe NOW LISTS iSHARES BY BLACKROCK ETFs ACROSS ITS ENTIRE GLOBAL EXCHANGE NETWORK
Fintech PR6 days ago
The BSV Association Announces the Implementation of Dynamic Security Enhancements
Fintech PR7 days ago
BIZCLIK MEDIA LAUNCHES FEBRUARY EDITION OF FINTECH MAGAZINE