LAS VEGAS, Jan. 10, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — At CES 2024, TORRAS revealed the results of a new 2023 IPSOS and WGSN consumer study of mobile phone case consumption trends and insights. Ipsos is one of the world’s leading market research and polling companies and WGSN is a global expert in trend forecasting.
The study credited TORRAS for pioneering the development of kickstand phone cases and complimented the recent designs of TORRAS phone cases for combining kickstand and magnetic suction features with upgraded protection and thinness and portability. It also called TORRAS “the next generation of phone cases.”
Some of the trends revealed in the 2023 study of 3000 global consumers include:
- Digital life is increasingly penetrating, and the number of digital nomads, people who travel freely while working remotely using technology and the internet, is further growing.
- Currently, daily leisure and entertainment (listening to music, watching videos, playing games, etc.) and mobile social networking (taking photos with family and friends, sharing videos, video calls, etc.) are still the most mainstream scenes in the world. In the future, with the rise of digital nomads and the highly integrated life and work, it is expected that smartphones will be used more frequently during outdoor activities, sports, driving and online working.
- Western countries have more social interaction scenes, and they tend to take photos or videos or make video calls with family and friends, while Eastern countries (China and Japan) tend to be “quiet and reserved” and prefer to watch long videos to pass the time.
In Western countries, daily travel/commuting is now dominated by self-driving, so mobile phone assistance scenarios while driving are more common, while in China, as a result of the emerging new energy vehicle industry, driving scenarios will undoubtedly become increasingly important.
- In this important life, entertainment, socializing, driving, and working scenarios, different actions are taken when using smartphones, resulting in differentiated needs for mobile phone cases. When using phones to watch short videos or play games, people hold them in one hand or both hands more often, which requires anti-slip and anti-drop functions.
- When occasions of watching long videos, daily socializing, and work video calls/meetings on mobile phones, a phone case with a kickstand that helps to free people’s hands is necessary.
- The development of phone case products and smartphones take place simultaneously. While smartphones are transitioning from feature phones, mobile phone case products are also being constantly upgraded, from basic protection in the 1.0 era, to improvements in appearance and materials in the 2.0 era, to comprehensive functional evolution in the 3.0 era. Phone cases have also gradually become a “rigid need” for users.
Leading companies/brands of phone cases, therefore, have further innovated and developed the functions of their products to meet the demands of new scenarios:
- Higher standards for protection functions, and more advanced technology;
- Besides the fashionable appearance/personalized style, the concept of the design is “returning to nature”, under which the similar touch/color of phone cases to the phone and the minimalist style set off a new trend;
- With the popularity of long video apps, the rise of short videos, the coming era of live streaming dividends and the requirement for office workers to have “three heads and six arms” (multiple devices are interconnected and shared), the mobile phone case with kickstand is born;
- With the launch of MagSafe (magnetic charging) for iPhone 12, coupled with people’s common/frequent need for driving, there are demands for in-car magnetic charging, which has given rise to magnetic phone cases.
The functions and design that consumers expect most for future mobile phone cases are:
- Upgraded protection (76%)
- Lightweight and portable (52%)
- All-in-one functions, allowing for hands free use (52%)
- Minimalist/same feeling as bare phone (59%)
When asked about TORRAS, the study revealed: “Through continuous innovation and research and development, TORRAS integrated upgraded protection and portability, restoring the design style of bare phones. At the same time, it pioneers a new design of phone case with the combination of kickstand and magnetic suction, which performs excellently and has won many international design awards, patented innovations, and industry honors, leading the development and progress of the kickstand and magnetic suction phone case products.”
Founded in 2012, TORRAS is an innovative brand with a design philosophy of “Simple but Unique.” They now have an R&D laboratory that spans over 2,000 square meters and have obtained more than 1,300 patents thus far, with 60 of its products winning prestigious international design awards. For more information, visit www.torraslife.com.
Based in London with 25 years of experience, WGSN is the world’s leading consumer trend forecaster. Our accurate forecasts provide global trend insights, expertly curated data and industry expertise to help our clients understand consumer behavior and lifestyles, create products with confidence and trade at the right time. For more information, visit www.wgsn.com.
Ipsos is one of the largest market research and polling companies globally, operating in 90 markets and employing over 18,000 people. Our passionately curious research professionals, analysts and scientists have built unique multi-specialist capabilities that provide true understanding and powerful insights into the actions, opinions and motivations of citizens, consumers, patients, customers or employees. We serve more than 5000 clients across the world with 75 business solutions. For more information, visit www.ipsos.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Jacinta Zou, [email protected]
Sinotruk leaping forward to become world-class technology enterprise
JINAN, China, March 2, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — On March 2, SinoTruk’s Science and Technology Innovation Award Annual Conference 2024 was grandly held, to recognize and rewarding major scientific and technological achievements and outstanding innovative talents since 2022, planning and deploying scientific and technological innovation work ahead. Tan Xuguang, Chairman and General Manager of Shandong Heavy Industry Group, Chairman of China National Heavy Duty Truck Group, attended the conference and delivered a report on scientific and technological innovative work – “Steadily stride forward, embracing change in science and technology”.
Over the past five years, Sinotruk has invested nearly RMB 15 billion in R&D, which is the sum of the previous 15 years. It has benchmarked against world-class standards and gradually established a full-process independent research and development system. Sinotruk technological strength has reached the forefront of the national industry. Sinotruk has reshaped the “Yellow River” heavy-duty trucks standard with technology, ranking first in China, and its high-tech indicators are leading the industry. The market share of heavy-duty trucks has increased from 16.5% in 2018 to 26% in 2023, ranking first in China for two consecutive years. In 2023, the export volume exceeded 130,000 vehicles for the very first time, a 2.6-fold increase compared to 5 years ago, making it the largest single-brand global export volume in the world.
Tan Xuguang called on all engineers to keep in mind their mission, be down-to-earth, persistent in innovation, and make long-term achievements through dedicated ten years of hard work. Learn from the global cooperation, grow and become talents through project training, and achieve through continuous value creation. Achieve your meaning in life, strive with vitality and passion while you are young. Let’s set off again for a better future for the century heavy truck industry and the world’s best heavy truck industry!
Flash News: OKX Introduces Exclusive ‘Babylon Pioneer Pass Event’ in Collaboration with Babylon, Offering Free Pioneer Pass NFT Minting for the First 100,000 Users Who Stake on Babylon Testnet
SINGAPORE, March 2, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — OKX, a leading Web3 technology company, has issued updates for March 2, 2024.
OKX Introduces Exclusive ‘Babylon Pioneer Pass Event’ in Collaboration with Babylon, Offering Free Pioneer Pass NFT Minting for the First 100,000 Users Who Stake on Babylon Testnet
OKX today announced the launch of its ‘Babylon Pioneer Pass Event,’ giving users who access the Babylon Testnet and stake any amount of Signet Bitcoin (sBTC) the opportunity to claim Babylon’s Bitcoin Pioneer Pass NFT. To qualify for a spot, users must access the Babylon Testnet and stake any amount of Signet Bitcoin (sBTC).
The event kicks off on February 28 and continues until March 6. Following the event, starting from March 7, participants who have been whitelisted will have the ability to mint their Bitcoin Pioneer Pass NFT using the OKX Wallet and their whitelisted address.
The process of participating in this event is straightforward and involves the following steps:
- Firstly, users will need to prepare by setting up their OKX and Keplr Wallets. These wallets will be crucial for interacting with the Babylon Testnet and the subsequent claiming of sBTC and BBN.
- Following the wallet setup, users can then claim the sBTC and BBN on Babylon’s Official Discord. These tokens will be needed for staking in the Babylon Testnet.
- Finally, users will need to access Babylon’s official website, where users can actively engage, stake their tokens and claim their whitelist spots.
Participation in the event offers a multitude of benefits. Users can engage actively with the Babylon Testnet, which in turn enhances their understanding of the Babylon protocol and its functionalities. Furthermore, participants contribute to the development and evolution of the Babylon protocol by being active users.
The ‘Babylon Pioneer Pass Event‘ is a result of OKX’s partnership with Babylon, a trustless Bitcoin staking protocol. The Bitcoin Pioneer Pass, Babylon’s first commemorative Non-Fungible Token (NFT), is a highlight of this event, representing a significant milestone for both OKX and Babylon.
For more information, please visit the OKX Support Center.
A leading global technology company driving the future of Web3, OKX provides a comprehensive suite of products to meet the needs of beginners and experts alike, including:
- OKX Wallet: The world’s most powerful, secure and versatile crypto wallet which gives users access to over 80 blockchains while allowing them to take custody of their own funds. The wallet includes MPC technology which allows users to easily recover access to their wallet independently, removing the need for traditional, ‘written down’ seed phrases. In addition, OKX Wallet’s account abstraction-powered Smart Account enables users to pay for transactions on multiple blockchains using USDC or USDT, and interact with multiple contracts via a single transaction.
- DEX: A multi-chain, cross-chain decentralized exchange aggregator of 300+ other DEXs and approximately 15 bridges, with 200,000+ coins and more than 20 blockchains supported.
- NFT Marketplace: A multi-chain, zero-fee NFT marketplace that gives users access to NFT listings across seven top-tier marketplaces including OpenSea, MagicEden, LooksRare and Blur.
- Web3 DeFi: A powerful DeFi platform that supports earning and staking on about 70 protocols across more than 10 chains.
OKX partners with a number of the world’s top brands and athletes, including English Premier League champions Manchester City F.C., McLaren Formula 1, The Tribeca Festival, Olympian Scotty James, and F1 driver Daniel Ricciardo.
As a leader building innovative technology products, OKX believes in challenging the status quo. The company recently launched a global brand campaign entitled, The System Needs a Rewrite, which advocates for a new paradigm led by Web3 self-managed technology.
To learn more about OKX, download our app or visit: okx.com
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/flash-news-okx-introduces-exclusive-babylon-pioneer-pass-event-in-collaboration-with-babylon-offering-free-pioneer-pass-nft-minting-for-the-first-100-000-users-who-stake-on-babylon-testnet-302077698.html
UnionPay International and The Tourism Organisation of Serbia Sign MOU to Enhance Tourist Payments and Promote Serbia as a Premier Destination
BELGRADE, Serbia, March 1, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — UnionPay International, the leading global card scheme, has entering into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with The Tourism Organisation of Serbia (TOS). This strategic partnership aims to enhancing the payment experience for tourists and to further facilitate tourism growth in Serbia.
The MOU signing ceremony took place at Belgrade on 27th February 2024, marking the beginning of a collaborative effort between UnionPay International and TOS. The agreement outlines various areas of cooperation:
Jointly promoting Serbia as Travel Destination: Through optimised marketing resources, both parties aim to promote Serbia as tourist destination among UnionPay cardholders, with its rich cultural heritage and unique experiences, provide comprehensive tourism information and payment guides for the tourists visiting Serbia. UnionPay International aims to provide more diversified and convenient payment choices, and ensuring seamless payment experiences for travellers visiting the country.
Privileges and Benefits: The partnership will explore opportunities for preferential activities that bring additional benefits to UnionPay cardholders visiting Serbia. This approach aims to boost the attractiveness of the local tourism market and create a win-win situation for both parties.
Ms Bomee Sheng, Product Director of UnionPay International, expressed her enthusiasm about the collaboration, stating, “We are delighted to partner with The Tourism Organisation of Serbia to promote tourism and facilitate payment experiences in Serbia. Through this partnership, we aim to provide UnionPay cardholders with enhanced convenience and benefits, ultimately contributing to the growth of Serbia’s tourism industry.”
Ms Marija Labović, CEO of National Tourism Organisation of Serbia, commented, “This partnership with UnionPay International comes at an important time as we strive to become the most popular all year destination in the region.” She outlines Belgrade’s popularity and the diversity of attractions from city breaks to natural retreats and she is looking forward to the Expo 2027 in the capital, “By leveraging UnionPay’s global network and advanced payment solutions, we are confident that we can attract more visitors to Serbia and provide them with memorable experiences.”
In recent years, Serbia has emerged as one of the most attractive destinations for Chinese visitors. It is hailed as the “heart of the Balkans” and offers a unique blend of captivating landscapes and rich cultural heritage. Its visa-free entry policy, coupled with the exceptional acceptance coverage of UnionPay cards, has played a significant role in attracting Chinese tourists. With over 90% of local merchants and ATMs supporting UnionPay payments and withdrawals, travellers can enjoy seamless payment experiences across various sectors, including retail, dining, hotels, gas stations, toll stations, and tourist attractions.
About The Tourism Organisation of Serbia (TOS)
The Tourism Organisation of Serbia (TOS) was formed under the Law on Tourism of 1994 as the institution in charge of promoting Serbian tourism in domestic and foreign markets, as well as performing other duties relevant for the development of communication and advertising activities in Serbian tourism. The activities of TOS are focused on positioning Serbia’s tourism products in domestic and foreign markets and exploring Serbia’s comparative advantages in terms of tourism, including its geostrategic position and its historical, cultural and natural identity.
About UnionPay International
UnionPay International focuses on the international business of UnionPay, a global payment network that serves the world’s largest cardholder base. Collaborating with over 2,600 partners globally, UnionPay acceptance now reached to 183 countries and regions. Outside the Chinese Mainland, UnionPay is accepted at nearly 67 million merchants and 1.7 million ATMs.
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/unionpay-international-and-the-tourism-organisation-of-serbia-sign-mou-to-enhance-tourist-payments-and-promote-serbia-as-a-premier-destination-302077241.html
- Sinotruk leaping forward to become world-class technology enterprise
- Expressions of Interest for Director of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Bitget Wallet now supports the Blast Mainnet, pioneering full ecosystem support as a Web3 wallet
- Antarctica Advisors Acts as Exclusive Investment Banking Advisor to Central Seaway Company Inc. in the Sale to Captain Fresh
- Zetrix & Web3Labs’ Global Accelerator Programme Officially Opens for Registration
- Cashback and Crypto: Bybit’s Monthly Bonanza
- Promotion Meeting of the Qianhai Plan Held in Hong Kong
- CRISIL to host 8th edition of its flagship India Outlook conclave
- Valmet publishes Green Finance Framework
- BBVA Leadership Team Member Joins Wirex to Strengthen Risk & Compliance Function Amidst Global Expansion
- BTCC Exchange Announced as Headline Sponsor for Red Eagle Foundation’s Celebrity Golf Day Featuring Frank Lampard
- Central Japan Startup Ecosystem Holds Symposium on “Homeland of Mobility 5.0 – Leading Society to the Next Generation”
- Bybit Card Now Supports Google Pay, Enhancing Assets Spending Convenience in EEA Region
Fintech PR5 days ago
ETH Leads Institutional Bets But Retail Still Favor BTC According to Bybit Report
Fintech PR5 days ago
KSA BNPL Revolution: Market Set to Surge 48% as Consumers Embrace Flexible Payment: Ken Research
Fintech PR5 days ago
nuam exchange and Vermiculus Financial Technology establish partnership to create technological core for Central Counterparty Clearing Houses in Chile, Colombia and Peru
Fintech PR5 days ago
Klarpay Launches Exclusive Entrepreneur Accounts
Fintech PR5 days ago
Looking for 40 young leaders: AGYLE, the African-German Young Leaders programme, is now open for applications
Fintech PR5 days ago
Quinnox selected as one of the top 2 global partners of Adenza’s Certified Implementation Partners program
Fintech5 days ago
Moomoo Launches All-in-One Investment Super App in Malaysia; Empowering Local Financial Digitalisation
Fintech PR5 days ago
Kingdom Debt Landscape Transforms: KSA Debt Collection Market Poised for 5.2% CAGR, Driven by Regulatory Reforms and Technology Adoption: Ken Research