- Klaytn Foundation and Finschia Foundation have submitted a proposal to merge the two blockchains to create Asia’s Web3 technological and ecosystem powerhouse.
- If passed, the merger will see the unification of South Korea’s leading blockchain with Japan’s leading blockchain, to form a unified ecosystem comprising over 420 DApps and 250 million wallets integrated with Kakaotalk and LINE, two popular messaging platforms in Asia.
- The proposed new blockchain will be compatible with both EVM and CosmWasm, inheriting the strengths of both Klaytn and Finschia.
- The proposal also details the replacement of KLAY and FNSA with a new native coin that features improved tokenomics and no ecosystem reserve. Holders of KLAY and FNSA will be able to swap for the new blockchain’s native coin upon issuance.
SINGAPORE, Jan. 16, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — Klaytn Foundation, established to build and decentralize the ecosystem of South Korea’s leading Layer 1 blockchain Klaytn, has teamed up with Finschia Foundation, the operator of the Finschia blockchain developed by LINE Tech Plus, to propose the merger of the two existing blockchains into a new mainnet. The two blockchain foundations will submit the integration proposal to their respective governance members today to open up the proposal for discussion, and voting will take place from 26 January till 2 February 2024.
The proposal aims to create a new industry leader with a technologically superior blockchain that supports both EVM and CosmWasm, as well as one of the largest ecosystems of DApps and users in Asia. The two foundations will also merge into one organization, combining their technology, services, and business networks which include Kakao, LINE, and many other strategic partners.
The creation of Asia’s largest Web3 ecosystem
The proposed merging of Klaytn and Finschia, the de-facto Web3 leaders in South Korea and Japan respectively, will create Asia’s largest Web3 ecosystem with a massive user base of over 250 million1 digital wallets interacting with more than 420 DApps. The new mainnet will inherit Klaytn’s integration with Kakaotalk and Finschia’s integration with LINE—both leading messaging platforms used across Asia—bringing a user-friendly, integrated Web3 experience straight into the phones of hundreds of millions of users.
Post-merge, the unified foundation will continue to pursue ecosystem expansion in the RWA tokenization, GameFi and DeFi verticals through collaborations with Japanese, South Korean, and Southeast Asian partners, while continuing to develop messenger-based Web3 services and the digital commerce platform. With access to every Kakaotalk and LINE user, the new public blockchain will also act as a springboard for Asia’s IT and entertainment enterprises. Last but not least, the merger will also create the largest Web3 business network in Asia.
Should the proposal pass both Klaytn and Finschia’s governance voting processes, the two foundations will immediately begin work on the chain merge, as well as the following business initiatives:
- Infrastructure development to enhance accessibility for institutional investors
- Strengthening of the DeFi infrastructure and launch of a native stablecoin
- Discovery and onboarding of AI-based DApps
- Enhancing the onboarding infrastructure for Web2 companies to bring their digital items, memberships, ticketing platforms and more on-chain
- Onboarding of top-tier Japanese gaming companies and Web3 projects featuring global IP
- Cultivating of communities of holders, developers, and partners in each Asian country
Improved tokenomics focused on sustainable value creation
With the chain merge, KLAY and FNSA, the native coins of the two blockchains, will be replaced by a new native coin which will be issued based on the combined total amount of KLAY and FNSA. Holders of KLAY and FNSA will be able to swap for the new native coin upon issuance.
Drawing on the combined experience of both foundations, the proposed tokenomics for this new native coin will focus heavily on delivering sustainable value creation. This will be achieved via a lower base inflation rate and a 3-layer burning model designed to drive the coin towards deflation as network activity increases.
Additionally, 24% of the new coins issued—equivalent to the bulk of non-circulating KLAY—will be immediately burned to implement Zero Reserve Tokenomics, providing holders with greater certainty. Instead of operating off of reserves, the new foundation will operate transparently via an ecosystem fund and an infrastructure fund that are continuously replenished via block rewards.
Enhanced governance, decentralization, and interoperability
Klaytn’s and Finschia’s governance members will also be merged, creating Asia’s largest decentralized Web3 governance structure comprising 45 leading global enterprises with the capacity to expand up to 100 governance members. Permissionless validation is also planned for the new blockchain, allowing anyone to participate as a network validator, enhancing openness and security.
Additionally, with support for both EVM and CosmWasm, the merged blockchain will be accessible to both Ethereum and Cosmos builders, leveraging the technological advantages of each while enabling greater interoperability between the two ecosystems.
“We are excited to be taking the first step toward unlocking the enormous synergy of merging the public blockchains started by Kakao and LINE, which are both leading IT companies in Asia,” said Klaytn Foundation and Finschia Foundation. “We will give our best to make this merge an opportunity to innovate and lead the Asian blockchain industry in both technology and adoption.”
To address questions regarding this proposal, representatives from the two foundations will be speaking at the upcoming Klaytn Community Town Hall scheduled on Friday, 19 January 2024. More information on this Town Hall will be shared on the official community and social platforms of Klaytn and Finschia Foundation.
1. The wallet user base is a figure that sums up the Monthly Active Users (MAU) in major Asian countries for Kakao and LINE, the initial developers of the two blockchains.
About Finschia Foundation
The Finschia Foundation is an independent non-profit organization, based in Abu Dhabi, UAE, established in March 2023 to expand public blockchain and Web3 technologies. Inheriting the philosophy of LINE Blockchain’s “Blockchain for All”, the Foundation operates its third-generation public blockchain mainnet Finschia and crypto asset FINSCHIA (FNSA), and aims to achieve a sustainable token model with Web3 users around the world.
About Klaytn Foundation
Klaytn Foundation was established in 2020 to expand the ecosystem of Klaytn, a global Layer 1 blockchain platform, and has since been actively collaborating with its Governance Council members worldwide. Klaytn Foundation facilitates the adoption and development of new technologies to ensure that Klaytn fulfills its role as an open, trusted, and sustainable blockchain platform for developers and users alike. It also facilitates decision-making to ensure that the ecosystem continues to expand optimally in the rapidly changing blockchain landscape. In line with its long-term Governance Roadmap, Klaytn Foundation plans to fully implement the Decentralization Phase of the Klaytn blockchain in 2023 and beyond.
Sinotruk leaping forward to become world-class technology enterprise
JINAN, China, March 2, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — On March 2, SinoTruk’s Science and Technology Innovation Award Annual Conference 2024 was grandly held, to recognize and rewarding major scientific and technological achievements and outstanding innovative talents since 2022, planning and deploying scientific and technological innovation work ahead. Tan Xuguang, Chairman and General Manager of Shandong Heavy Industry Group, Chairman of China National Heavy Duty Truck Group, attended the conference and delivered a report on scientific and technological innovative work – “Steadily stride forward, embracing change in science and technology”.
Over the past five years, Sinotruk has invested nearly RMB 15 billion in R&D, which is the sum of the previous 15 years. It has benchmarked against world-class standards and gradually established a full-process independent research and development system. Sinotruk technological strength has reached the forefront of the national industry. Sinotruk has reshaped the “Yellow River” heavy-duty trucks standard with technology, ranking first in China, and its high-tech indicators are leading the industry. The market share of heavy-duty trucks has increased from 16.5% in 2018 to 26% in 2023, ranking first in China for two consecutive years. In 2023, the export volume exceeded 130,000 vehicles for the very first time, a 2.6-fold increase compared to 5 years ago, making it the largest single-brand global export volume in the world.
Tan Xuguang called on all engineers to keep in mind their mission, be down-to-earth, persistent in innovation, and make long-term achievements through dedicated ten years of hard work. Learn from the global cooperation, grow and become talents through project training, and achieve through continuous value creation. Achieve your meaning in life, strive with vitality and passion while you are young. Let’s set off again for a better future for the century heavy truck industry and the world’s best heavy truck industry!
Flash News: OKX Introduces Exclusive ‘Babylon Pioneer Pass Event’ in Collaboration with Babylon, Offering Free Pioneer Pass NFT Minting for the First 100,000 Users Who Stake on Babylon Testnet
SINGAPORE, March 2, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — OKX, a leading Web3 technology company, has issued updates for March 2, 2024.
OKX Introduces Exclusive ‘Babylon Pioneer Pass Event’ in Collaboration with Babylon, Offering Free Pioneer Pass NFT Minting for the First 100,000 Users Who Stake on Babylon Testnet
OKX today announced the launch of its ‘Babylon Pioneer Pass Event,’ giving users who access the Babylon Testnet and stake any amount of Signet Bitcoin (sBTC) the opportunity to claim Babylon’s Bitcoin Pioneer Pass NFT. To qualify for a spot, users must access the Babylon Testnet and stake any amount of Signet Bitcoin (sBTC).
The event kicks off on February 28 and continues until March 6. Following the event, starting from March 7, participants who have been whitelisted will have the ability to mint their Bitcoin Pioneer Pass NFT using the OKX Wallet and their whitelisted address.
The process of participating in this event is straightforward and involves the following steps:
- Firstly, users will need to prepare by setting up their OKX and Keplr Wallets. These wallets will be crucial for interacting with the Babylon Testnet and the subsequent claiming of sBTC and BBN.
- Following the wallet setup, users can then claim the sBTC and BBN on Babylon’s Official Discord. These tokens will be needed for staking in the Babylon Testnet.
- Finally, users will need to access Babylon’s official website, where users can actively engage, stake their tokens and claim their whitelist spots.
Participation in the event offers a multitude of benefits. Users can engage actively with the Babylon Testnet, which in turn enhances their understanding of the Babylon protocol and its functionalities. Furthermore, participants contribute to the development and evolution of the Babylon protocol by being active users.
The ‘Babylon Pioneer Pass Event‘ is a result of OKX’s partnership with Babylon, a trustless Bitcoin staking protocol. The Bitcoin Pioneer Pass, Babylon’s first commemorative Non-Fungible Token (NFT), is a highlight of this event, representing a significant milestone for both OKX and Babylon.
For more information, please visit the OKX Support Center.
A leading global technology company driving the future of Web3, OKX provides a comprehensive suite of products to meet the needs of beginners and experts alike, including:
- OKX Wallet: The world’s most powerful, secure and versatile crypto wallet which gives users access to over 80 blockchains while allowing them to take custody of their own funds. The wallet includes MPC technology which allows users to easily recover access to their wallet independently, removing the need for traditional, ‘written down’ seed phrases. In addition, OKX Wallet’s account abstraction-powered Smart Account enables users to pay for transactions on multiple blockchains using USDC or USDT, and interact with multiple contracts via a single transaction.
- DEX: A multi-chain, cross-chain decentralized exchange aggregator of 300+ other DEXs and approximately 15 bridges, with 200,000+ coins and more than 20 blockchains supported.
- NFT Marketplace: A multi-chain, zero-fee NFT marketplace that gives users access to NFT listings across seven top-tier marketplaces including OpenSea, MagicEden, LooksRare and Blur.
- Web3 DeFi: A powerful DeFi platform that supports earning and staking on about 70 protocols across more than 10 chains.
OKX partners with a number of the world’s top brands and athletes, including English Premier League champions Manchester City F.C., McLaren Formula 1, The Tribeca Festival, Olympian Scotty James, and F1 driver Daniel Ricciardo.
As a leader building innovative technology products, OKX believes in challenging the status quo. The company recently launched a global brand campaign entitled, The System Needs a Rewrite, which advocates for a new paradigm led by Web3 self-managed technology.
To learn more about OKX, download our app or visit: okx.com
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/flash-news-okx-introduces-exclusive-babylon-pioneer-pass-event-in-collaboration-with-babylon-offering-free-pioneer-pass-nft-minting-for-the-first-100-000-users-who-stake-on-babylon-testnet-302077698.html
UnionPay International and The Tourism Organisation of Serbia Sign MOU to Enhance Tourist Payments and Promote Serbia as a Premier Destination
BELGRADE, Serbia, March 1, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — UnionPay International, the leading global card scheme, has entering into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with The Tourism Organisation of Serbia (TOS). This strategic partnership aims to enhancing the payment experience for tourists and to further facilitate tourism growth in Serbia.
The MOU signing ceremony took place at Belgrade on 27th February 2024, marking the beginning of a collaborative effort between UnionPay International and TOS. The agreement outlines various areas of cooperation:
Jointly promoting Serbia as Travel Destination: Through optimised marketing resources, both parties aim to promote Serbia as tourist destination among UnionPay cardholders, with its rich cultural heritage and unique experiences, provide comprehensive tourism information and payment guides for the tourists visiting Serbia. UnionPay International aims to provide more diversified and convenient payment choices, and ensuring seamless payment experiences for travellers visiting the country.
Privileges and Benefits: The partnership will explore opportunities for preferential activities that bring additional benefits to UnionPay cardholders visiting Serbia. This approach aims to boost the attractiveness of the local tourism market and create a win-win situation for both parties.
Ms Bomee Sheng, Product Director of UnionPay International, expressed her enthusiasm about the collaboration, stating, “We are delighted to partner with The Tourism Organisation of Serbia to promote tourism and facilitate payment experiences in Serbia. Through this partnership, we aim to provide UnionPay cardholders with enhanced convenience and benefits, ultimately contributing to the growth of Serbia’s tourism industry.”
Ms Marija Labović, CEO of National Tourism Organisation of Serbia, commented, “This partnership with UnionPay International comes at an important time as we strive to become the most popular all year destination in the region.” She outlines Belgrade’s popularity and the diversity of attractions from city breaks to natural retreats and she is looking forward to the Expo 2027 in the capital, “By leveraging UnionPay’s global network and advanced payment solutions, we are confident that we can attract more visitors to Serbia and provide them with memorable experiences.”
In recent years, Serbia has emerged as one of the most attractive destinations for Chinese visitors. It is hailed as the “heart of the Balkans” and offers a unique blend of captivating landscapes and rich cultural heritage. Its visa-free entry policy, coupled with the exceptional acceptance coverage of UnionPay cards, has played a significant role in attracting Chinese tourists. With over 90% of local merchants and ATMs supporting UnionPay payments and withdrawals, travellers can enjoy seamless payment experiences across various sectors, including retail, dining, hotels, gas stations, toll stations, and tourist attractions.
About The Tourism Organisation of Serbia (TOS)
The Tourism Organisation of Serbia (TOS) was formed under the Law on Tourism of 1994 as the institution in charge of promoting Serbian tourism in domestic and foreign markets, as well as performing other duties relevant for the development of communication and advertising activities in Serbian tourism. The activities of TOS are focused on positioning Serbia’s tourism products in domestic and foreign markets and exploring Serbia’s comparative advantages in terms of tourism, including its geostrategic position and its historical, cultural and natural identity.
About UnionPay International
UnionPay International focuses on the international business of UnionPay, a global payment network that serves the world’s largest cardholder base. Collaborating with over 2,600 partners globally, UnionPay acceptance now reached to 183 countries and regions. Outside the Chinese Mainland, UnionPay is accepted at nearly 67 million merchants and 1.7 million ATMs.
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/unionpay-international-and-the-tourism-organisation-of-serbia-sign-mou-to-enhance-tourist-payments-and-promote-serbia-as-a-premier-destination-302077241.html
- Sinotruk leaping forward to become world-class technology enterprise
- Flash News: OKX Introduces Exclusive ‘Babylon Pioneer Pass Event’ in Collaboration with Babylon, Offering Free Pioneer Pass NFT Minting for the First 100,000 Users Who Stake on Babylon Testnet
- UnionPay International and The Tourism Organisation of Serbia Sign MOU to Enhance Tourist Payments and Promote Serbia as a Premier Destination
- Expressions of Interest for Director of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Bitget Wallet now supports the Blast Mainnet, pioneering full ecosystem support as a Web3 wallet
- Antarctica Advisors Acts as Exclusive Investment Banking Advisor to Central Seaway Company Inc. in the Sale to Captain Fresh
- Zetrix & Web3Labs’ Global Accelerator Programme Officially Opens for Registration
- Cashback and Crypto: Bybit’s Monthly Bonanza
- Promotion Meeting of the Qianhai Plan Held in Hong Kong
- CRISIL to host 8th edition of its flagship India Outlook conclave
- Valmet publishes Green Finance Framework
- BBVA Leadership Team Member Joins Wirex to Strengthen Risk & Compliance Function Amidst Global Expansion
- BTCC Exchange Announced as Headline Sponsor for Red Eagle Foundation’s Celebrity Golf Day Featuring Frank Lampard
- Central Japan Startup Ecosystem Holds Symposium on “Homeland of Mobility 5.0 – Leading Society to the Next Generation”
- Bybit Card Now Supports Google Pay, Enhancing Assets Spending Convenience in EEA Region
Fintech PR5 days ago
ETH Leads Institutional Bets But Retail Still Favor BTC According to Bybit Report
Fintech PR5 days ago
KSA BNPL Revolution: Market Set to Surge 48% as Consumers Embrace Flexible Payment: Ken Research
Fintech PR5 days ago
nuam exchange and Vermiculus Financial Technology establish partnership to create technological core for Central Counterparty Clearing Houses in Chile, Colombia and Peru
Fintech PR5 days ago
Klarpay Launches Exclusive Entrepreneur Accounts
Fintech PR5 days ago
Looking for 40 young leaders: AGYLE, the African-German Young Leaders programme, is now open for applications
Fintech PR5 days ago
Quinnox selected as one of the top 2 global partners of Adenza’s Certified Implementation Partners program
Fintech5 days ago
Moomoo Launches All-in-One Investment Super App in Malaysia; Empowering Local Financial Digitalisation
Fintech5 days ago
FinTech Zilch launches ‘Pay over 3 months’ BNPL product