The National Program “Initiative for Startup Ecosystem in Vietnam until 2025″ (Program 844) aiming to promote the startup ecosystem has gained initial achievements. In 2021, the Prime Minister approved a number of new contents to expand the scope of startup ecosystem activities internationally. Since then, many activities have been designed to connect the Vietnamese ecosystem with experts, and advisors and establish the Vietnamese oversea network. After more than 2 years, the global connection and exchange in the field of startup support were interrupted by the pandemic. In 2022, the Ministry of Science and Technology continues to promote and establish in-depth cooperative relationships with strategic partners, especially with the successful Vietnamese community in the United States to enhance the capacity of different stakeholders of the Vietnamese innovation startup ecosystem.
In this series of cooperative activities, on September 29-30, leaders of the National Agency for Technology Entrepreneurship and Commercialization Development, the Ministry of Science and Technology (NATEC), Department/Industry, and representatives from different stakeholders of the Vietnamese innovation startup ecosystem, including award-winning startups, coaches in some potential technology fields, policymakers, and experts on the implementation of programs supporting innovative startups attended the Grand Finale of Startup World Cup 2022 in San Francisco. Startup World Cup, organized annually by Pegasus Tech Venture, is the startup competition that expands to more than 70 regions and countries with the participation of experts and investors from Silicon Valley (US) and brings together startups around the world. TECHFEST Vietnam is the official partner of Startup World Cup to deploy contest activities on a nationwide scale towards the global playground. In 2019, Startup Abivin – Champion of TECHFEST Vietnam 2018, represented Vietnam and won the Startup World Cup 2019.
This year, two representatives of Vietnam will participate in the competition: Go Stream – Winner of TECHFEST Vietnam 2020 with optimal live streaming technology solutions, and Otrafy Inc – Winner of TECHFEST Vietnam 2021 with an automated supplier data management platform by automatic collection, storage, and usage of certification data across the food supply chain, reducing at least 40% of manual work. Vietnamese startups’ participation in this global competition takes solid steps in the journey to reach the world, realizing the aspiration to raise the strength and wisdom of the Vietnamese people.
Within the framework of the trip, the Mission will visit and work with a number of partners in San Francisco, Silicon Valley-San Jose, and Austin, Texas, some of which have had many interactive online activities with the Vietnamese startup ecosystem during the COVID-19 pandemic and greatly contributed to Vietnam’s innovative startup ecosystem. There, the NATEC will sign agreements with supporting organizations and technology companies in Silicon Valley as well as build cooperative relationships with the network of universities in Texas to promote activities related to the national innovative startup ecosystem.
Behind the coordination and cooperation of the two ecosystems are the efforts and contributions of the Vietnamese community abroad, especially in the United States. They are talented and successful Vietnamese entrepreneurs and experts, who are capable of designing world-class competitive products, back to Vietnam, passionate about supporting their homeland: Mr. Tri Hoang – Founder of the successful startup incubation center in Silicon Valley – Ai20X with more than 40 years of experience in bridging economic and technological development between the US and other countries, Mr. Kenrick Nguyen is the CEO of Republic – The fintech company in Silicon Valley; Mr. Minh Mac – the Vietnamese Founder of Viet Founders – a global community of entrepreneurs, creators, and experts. They have accompanied TECHFEST Vietnam for many years as speakers in seminars and high-level policy forums, accompanied the MOST in advising and training for a number of Vietnamese universities and startup incubation centers, and connected US experts, venture capital funds, and startup incubators.
Meetings, information exchange, and cooperation agreements during the trip will be an important premise for the implementation of specific initiatives and activities of the national innovative start-up advising network that need forming under Program 844, complemented by the Prime Minister‘s approval decision in 2021. At the same time, they indicate the goodwill and desire to support the Vietnamese innovative startup ecosystem from the overseas Vietnamese community of the MOST.
Mozrt’s Collaboration with BOK Financial: Revolutionizing Cross-Border Payments
Mozrt, an award-winning payments technology platform, and BOKF, NA, one of the U.S.’s 25 largest banks, announce their plans to reshape cross-border payment services and elevate the capabilities of financial institutions.
At the heart of this collaboration lies Mozrt’s commitment to delivering advanced cross-border and FX payment capabilities to BOK Financial’s broad network of downstream or correspondent banks, magnifying efficiency and convenience for their clients. By combining the strengths of both entities, this collaboration empowers financial institutions of all sizes to seamlessly offer international payment capabilities to their customers.
The Mozrt MFX platform delivers real-time FX rates, allowing downstream correspondents to initiate and book cross-border payments. This all takes place within a highly secured platform, leveraging the latest in MFA and multi-level approval technology.
“The platform enables Mozrt and BOK Financial to introduce a suite of features designed to simplify processes, enhance security, and ultimately better serve downstream correspondents.
We’re excited to be providing a tech-forward solution that simplifies international payments, ensuring they are straightforward and hassle-free,” said Heath Hartley, BOK Financial. “The Mozrt platform offers robust beneficiary creation, validation, and management, facilitating accurate and efficient transactions.”
Furthermore, the collaboration facilitates a seamless transition for existing digital banking platforms, allowing single sign-on (SSO) or utilization of a custom, FI-branded portal. Mozrt’s modular design enables easy integration into various points across the front, middle, and back offices.
By delivering a user-centric online FX origination experience, this Mozrt – BOK Financial relationship equips financial institutions to meet the dynamic demands of the digital era.
Jeff Althaus, Founder & CEO of Mozrt, expressed his enthusiasm about the companies’ plans: “We are thrilled about the potential impact of Mozrt’s collaboration with BOK Financial in redefining cross-border payment services. Working alongside an innovative institution like BOK Financial enables us to provide a holistic solution that simplifies international transactions and accelerates our clients’ digital transformation.”
MapMetrics expands to peaq from Solana following addition of Solana compatibility to peaq’s Multi-Chain Machine IDs
peaq, the blockchain for real-world applications, announces the expansion of its ecosystem and product offering. MapMetrics, a Web3 drive-to-earn navigation app, will leverage peaq as part of its decentralized physical infrastructure network (DePIN) powering a Google Maps-style service. The development comes as peaq adds Solana compatibility to its Multi-Chain Machine IDs.
A Solana-originating project, MapMetrics will leverage the now Solana-compatible peaq IDs to build functions of the MapMetrics DePIN on peaq. These will include assigning peaq IDs to the navigator devices on its DePIN, using these IDs to authenticate the data collected by these devices, and a community voting mechanism.
Free navigation apps have become trusty companions for countless people around the world, with Google Maps alone boasting over a billion users. But despite a lack of an upfront cost, they come with a price of their own. When something is free, you are the product; when navigation is free, your personal data is being monetized. From leveraging the user’s position data for valuable insights on specific locations to serving them targeted location-based ads, the companies behind such apps profit from our sensitive data, sometimes without giving much thought to its privacy and protection. And in the case of massive companies like Google, they combine this data with the data sourced from all other Google-related data points to create digital models of ourselves, able to predict our behavior than ourselves.
MapMetrics is changing the equation by putting navigation on Web3 rails. It uses location trackers that enable users to share their anonymized data with the network, earning cryptocurrency and NFTs as rewards. While featuring its own ad engine, it makes sure that no private user data is exposed to the advertisers and shares the ad revenue with the community. It boasts 3,500 devices in the network and 5,000 users across 73 countries.
As part of its integration with peaq, MapMetrics will use peaq’s Multi-Chain IDs to enable devices to connect with the peaq network. It will build and deploy some of the core functions powering its navigation DePIN on peaq, using peaq IDs to authenticate and sign the anonymized data that the devices collect. It will also tap peaq to build a community voting pallet — a building block that other projects will be able to use as well — which will enable the community to contribute to its Google Maps-style navigation service by adding the locations of speed cameras and other objects and validating it with votes.
This comes as peaq expands the compatibility of its peaq IDs to include Solana. Enabling this is an address map running as part of the peaq storage pallet, pallets being modules for building blockchains in the framework that peaq runs on. This map works like an address book, linking addresses of different standards used on various networks and thus enabling cross-chain communication and information exchanges.
For example, with this integration, a solar panel with an ID on Solana will be able to connect to an energy marketplace on peaq. The previous updates made peaq IDs compatible with Binance’s BNB Chain, Ethereum Virtual Machine, and Cosmos. peaq’s steps toward its Multi-Chain vision have already eased the transition for projects coming from Algorand and Polygon, and will now unlock new opportunities for MapMetrics and other projects in the Solana ecosystem.
The peaq ID compatibility expansion enables teams originating on Solana to expand and leverage peaq’s DePIN functions without friction or fragmentation. With peaq Multi-Chain IDs, Solana-originated projects can easily tap peaq for some of their crucial functions.
“With its DePIN-focused functions and economics, peaq is the perfect home for DePINs,” says Brent van der Heiden, CEO of MapMetrics. “We are excited to be joining this bustling ecosystem, and the newfound compatibility between peaq IDs and Solana addresses is making this process significantly more convenient.”
“We believe in an open, Multi-Chain Web3 with seamless communication and value exchange between a plethora of protocols,” says Till Wendler, co-founder of peaq. “By making peaq IDs compatible with Solana, we take another step toward bringing this vision to life — and it’s invigorating to see excellent projects such as MapMetrics use this technology to solve real business problems with the DePIN model.”
Spool hones in on bringing institutions into DeFi by launching its expansive V2 upgrade
Spool DAO, or Spool, the platform allowing institutions and users to build customizable risk-managed DeFi products, launches its V2 upgrade. Spool’s new platform expands its original DeFi infrastructure and tools, with heightened decentralized access and new capabilities. Institutions of all sizes can now leverage its slate of new features and interface updates to build, manage, and explore DeFi products with unparalleled flexibility, risk reduction, and security.
Despite crypto’s whirlwind year, DeFi’s blue-chip protocols managed to largely withstand the industry-wide chaos. But that doesn’t mean the DeFi landscape hasn’t changed at all. Looming regulatory steps, such as the new bipartisan bill entering the U.S. Senate, aim to monitor DeFi apps similarly to banks, setting the stage to accommodate increasing interest from legacy financial institutions. Banks and institutions clearly see potential in crypto and DeFi’s financial possibilities, but they lack the proper tools to enter it easily, compliantly, and on their terms.
To meet this institutional need, Spool now provides a completely rebuilt platform for risk-managed and automated DeFi yield. Created from the ground up to be faster, more efficient, more composable, and easier to use than its predecessor, V2 represents a leap for Spool and institutions expanding their DeFi presence. The upgrade expands upon Spool’s core offering and introduces several key features to maximize the effectiveness of institutional DeFi investment. These features and enhancements include:
- Multi-Asset Smart Vaults: Institutions creating Smart Vaults can now build them to contain a range of yield strategies using multiple assets. Multi-asset Smart Vaults enhance functionality in addition to Spool’s classic auto-swapping and auto-rebalancing capabilities. Investors can simply create or pick an existing Smart Vault that matches their investment preferences, and send the assets they have available. The assets are then automatically swapped and implemented in audited and battle-tested smart contracts to attain the best yields possible while allowing funds to be withdrawn at any time.
- Smart Vault Guards: Institutions building Smart Vaults can now dictate which users can deposit or withdraw from the Vault based on specific criteria, mirroring traditional investment funds. This helps institutions tailor DeFi offerings not only to regulatory compliance but to their specific client needs as well. Institutions can create KYC and AML-compliant Smart Vaults, for example, and only allow access to vetted investors through whitelisted wallets. Other parameters include NFT or Token Gating (where a user must hold a specific NFT or token amount to access the vault), and Time Locks.
- Actions: Spool builders can now implement customizable actions tied to user activities such as entering or exiting a Smart Vault that is configured during its creation. Actions help support institutions by creating a framework that feels familiar to traditional finance and includes features such as deposit or withdrawal fees, deposit insurance fees, and automated asset swaps that help streamline the once-manual process for yield farming.
- Liquid Staking Derivatives (LSDs) Support: LSDs are tokens issued in return for staking cryptocurrency through a staking provider. This comes in handy for networks such as Ethereum, where validators must hold a minimum of 32 ETH to access staking and validator privileges. LSDs also allow users to withdraw staked ETH, which validators cannot do. As strategies using LSDs become more popular and prevalent, adding support in V2 enables greater convenience.
- Advanced Automation: One of DeFi’s major obstacles lies in manual asset management within yield farms. V2 improves upon Spool’s original automation features while maintaining decentralization and self-custody. Once assets are within a Smart Vault portfolio, V2 automatically rebalances them between various strategies configured in the Vault. Spool also now offers automated collateral conversion, meaning clients investing in a Smart Vault can utilize any underlying asset they have available. Spool automatically converts the asset before investing, granting increased ease and choice.
- Deposit NFTs (dNFTs): D-NFTs provide users with an immutable NFT receipt of their Smart Vault deposits, enabling the withdrawal of funds. ERC-20 Smart Vault Tokens (SVTs) are created by burning D-NFTs and act as yield-bearing stablecoins, which can be easily transferred or traded on a secondary market, creating a new liquid financial instrument.
Check out Spool’s video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/150B6sSdX9gMAjdig-5675nLfftciWidJ/view
More detailed video with features overview can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uIr_AJ_iHKErkHR5lFaUWk39A4-NUtEo/view?usp=drive_link
Among these new features, Spool V2’s completely redesigned interface allows institutions and asset managers to have a birds-eye view of their Smart Vault portfolio. The platform champions accessibility while providing the comprehensive tools and oversight that institutions require. This includes tools for easily white-labeling Smart Vaults for client access with their own branding and unique insights into Smart Vault performance based on customizable KPIs.
By enabling the codeless creation of financial services and products backed by audited financial primitives, institutions that don’t have DeFi-specific teams are now able to easily access DeFi. The upgrade’s capabilities set the stage for large-scale institutional partnerships in the pipeline for Spool, following a steady stream of integrations and collaborations leading up to its launch.
“We are incredibly proud to launch Spool V2 after countless months of our team developing, testing, and listening to the feedback and needs of our institutional partners,” says Philipp Zimmerer, Lead of Token Strategy of Spool. “This lands at a pivotal moment in crypto in a year that has been all about responsibly rebuilding the industry and forging a new path for DeFi. Improving access, flexibility, and security will not only garner further institutional support but set a new standard for what DeFi can make possible for any investor.”
- Aragon OSx and App Launch on Arbitrum: lowering the cost and time of launching a DAO
- Global Securities Brokerage & Stock Exchange Services Market Size Expected to Reach $1.84 Trillion In 2023
- CHARAC SECURES £1M INVESTMENT FROM WORLD-CLASS MEDICATION PLATFORM MEDADVISOR TO DRIVE ITS INTERNATIONAL GROWTH
- Cash Advance Services Market to Reach $138.5 billion, Globally, by 2032 at 6.6% CAGR: Allied Market Research
- Binance Pilots Banking Triparty Agreement to Help Institutional Investors to Manage Counterparty Exposure
- Poten & Partners Expands Its Energy Transition Business into Hydrogen, Ammonia and Methanol
- Western Leaders Seeking Diverse Lithium Supplies to Reduce Worrisome Dependence on China
- Mobile World Capital Barcelona launches international awards to recognise the best sustainable digitalisation projects
- The Revenue Center Pro Puts Forward Crypto Arbitrage Opportunities with Enhanced Speed and Efficiency
- NomuPay accelerates growth through acquisition of Total Processing
- Talos Teams up with Uniswap Labs and Fireblocks in Landmark Partnership to Bring DeFi Liquidity to Institutional Investors
- 14 Leading Financial Institutions, Representing Over $450billion, Confirm Setup in Abu Dhabi in One Week
- GIP ASEAN Chapter Launched in Jakarta
- Scantox acquires QPS Austria’s Neuropharmacology Division
- Zoomd Technologies Reports Third Quarter 2023 Financial Results, Driven by Strong Adjusted EBITDA Growth
Fintech PR6 days ago
Factoring Services Market Set to Hit USD 6345.43 Billion, Growing at 7.20% CAGR, Fueled by Increased Demand for Working Capital Funding, Projects Kings Research
Fintech PR7 days ago
American Express appoints Sharon Chew as Vice President & General Manager of Global Merchant Services Asia
Fintech PR6 days ago
Persistent Included in Three Prestigious Capital Market Indices − MSCI India Index, S&P BSE 100 and S&P BSE SENSEX Next 50 Indices
Fintech PR6 days ago
FP Markets Expands its Commodity CFDs Offering adding Lead, Nickel, Aluminium, Zinc and Copper and Spot Silver & Gold vs a range of cross currencies
Fintech PR6 days ago
Embedded Banking Market to Reach $1,10,667.66 Million, Globally, by 2032 at 23.6% CAGR: Allied Market Research
Fintech PR6 days ago
Global CEOs Converge with United Nations Ambassadors in a Leadership Summit to Forge Groundbreaking Public-Private Partnerships
Fintech PR6 days ago
S4 Capital appoints Melanie Dhawan as its Chief Financial Officer for its Content Practice
Fintech PR5 days ago
Business Travel Accident Insurance Market to Reach $30.20 billion, Globally, by 2032 at 22.2% CAGR: Allied Market Research