Avelo Airlines today announced a multi-year strategic relationship with PayPal that will provide Avelo Customers with more convenient, flexible, secure and affordable payment options.
As part of the collaboration, Avelo will be the first U.S. airline to feature PayPal Pay in 4* at the beginning of the shopping journey for travel purchases, providing more choice for travelers in how they pay and helping them to better manage their budget. When selecting Pay in 4 at checkout, eligible customers can break up purchases between $30 – $1,500 into four interest-free payments every two weeks, with the first payment due at time of purchase. 67% of global Pay Later with PayPal customers are repeat users, demonstrating its interest among consumers and the benefit it will have for Avelo**.
Avelo Airlines Chairman and CEO Andrew Levy said, “Every journey starts with booking a trip, and our first-of-its-kind collaboration with PayPal is going to make purchasing your next Avelo flight smoother and simpler than ever. PayPal’s Pay in 4 zero-interest flexible payment product makes it easier and more affordable to take advantage of our industry leading reliability and experience our Soul of Service on an Avelo flight.”
In addition to the use of Pay in 4, Avelo will now leverage PayPal’s extended suite of services to grow its business and offer travelers a superior experience including:
- PayPal Checkout: PayPal Checkout offers customers a secure and trusted way to pay for tickets and more. Customer can choose from whatever payment method is on file, including credit card, debit card, PayPal balance, pay later options, bank withdrawal and more.
- PayPal Braintree: Avelo will now use PayPal Braintree to process customer transactions, helping Avelo to improve authorization rates and giving customers a simple and seamless transaction experience. On average, merchants who leverage PayPal Braintree have seen an increase in authorization rates by 4 percentage points globally***.
- Risk as a Service Tools: PayPal’s Fraud Protection Advanced solution will help Avelo ensure that legitimate transactions are approved quickly, and fraudulent transaction attempts are declined. In early 2024, Avelo will also integrate PayPal’s automated dispute resolution capabilities to recover chargeback costs more quickly and effectively.
America’s Most Convenient Airline
Avelo was founded to Inspire Travel by saving its Customers time and money. Since taking flight on April 28, 2021, Avelo has flown more than 3.5 million Customers on over 27,000 flights, to 44 destinations in 23 states and Puerto Rico with a fleet of 16 Boeing 737 aircraft.
The airline has unlocked a new era of convenience, choice and competition by flying unserved routes to primarily underserved communities across the country. At least one airport on every Avelo flight is a small, easy to use airport – making every Avelo journey easier and more enjoyable.
Avelo Customers can always change or cancel their itineraries with no extra fees and families can travel with ease knowing every child 13 and under will always be automatically seated with an accompanying adult at no additional cost.
Avelo offers advanced seat assignments for sale and one third of its seats are extra leg room seats ranging from 32 inches to more than 36 inches, offering a more comfortable experience for Customers who value more space. In addition to advance seat assignments, Avelo offers several unbundled travel-enhancing options that give customers the flexibility to pay only for what they value, including priority boarding, checked bags, carry-on overhead bags, and bringing a pet in the cabin.
Avelo prides itself on its reliability and through the first nine months of 2023, Avelo has achieved the lowest flight cancellation rate and the second best on-time performance in the U.S. airline industry with 80.8% of all flights arriving within fifteen minutes of scheduled arrival time.
Avelo is also distinguished by its Soul of Service culture. The culture is grounded in Avelo’s One Crew Value which promotes a welcoming and caring experience. By caring for one another and owning their commitments, Avelo Crewmembers focus on anticipating and understanding Customer needs on the ground and in the air.
Accura Scan, The Only Certified Biometric Solution Provider in Middle East & Africa for Banks and Telcos
Global Identity Verification and Digital KYC solutions provider, Accura Scan is pleased to announce being awarded ISO/IEC 30107-03 compliance after passing a presentation attack detection (PAD) iBeta Level 2 audit with 0% FAR, making it one of the few companies worldwide and the only in India, Singapore, APAC & Middle East to have such a recognition.
As part of the testing procedure to assess the performance of Accura Scan face biometric liveness system, which is already being used by clients globally, it was successfully tested with millions of data points in alpha & beta testing modes. Its algorithms were pitted against various forms of spoofing attempts, including but not limited to 3D-printed and curved masks, silicone and paper masks, and videos of real subjects.
Yasin Patel (YP), Accura Scan’s CEO & Founder, expressed great pride in the achievement, adding, “Obtaining the ISO 30107-03 standard after passing the rigorous iBeta level 2 test demonstrates the effectiveness of our solutions against spoofing attacks.” He further announced that in keeping with their motto of ‘Biometrics for All’, Accura Scan would be offering its trusted Identity Verification Suite for free to all start-ups, while established entities would be offered various modules for as little as USD 5,000 a year onwards.
Commenting on this feat, Director – International Sales, Reza Writer, added, “Ambition greater than resources is in the DNA of Accura Scan. We have achieved this feat with a very small but highly skilled & dedicated team that has executed the organizational goal beautifully.”
The ISO 30107-3 framework measures a biometric system’s false acceptance rate (FAR) and false rejection rate (FRR) at the point of presentation. Passing the evaluation with an FAR of 0%, means that the company’s biometric algorithms offer a high level of spoof resistance in all environments.
Headquartered in India, Accura Scan has been completely bootstrapped & profitable since its incorporation. It has firmly established itself in the MENA region over the last 4 years, working with some of the most esteemed Banks, Telecoms & Fintechs globally. As a part of its global strategy, it has now registered itself in Singapore, the EU, the UK, & the US. With top-notch Identity Verification & Digital KYC products, it is confident of making a mark in these markets.
BIM Exchange integrates traditional currency option for buying and selling cryptocurrencies
BIM Exchange revolutionizes the purchase of crypto-currencies: implicity and security guaranteed
BIM Exchange, the French pioneer of crypto-currency exchange platforms, today announces a major breakthrough in the ease of access and security of crypto transactions. With its new feature, it has never been easier to buy and trade crypto-currencies, bridging the gap between the traditional Web and Web 3.0.
Integration of payments in tradtional currencies: Euro, Dollar, Pound Sterling and Swiss Franc
BIM Exchange now enables its users to buy crypto-currencies directly by bank transfer in less than 24 hours, regardless of their currency. The funds are then securely transferred to the user’s decentralized wallet, such as Ledger, TrustWallet, MetaMask or other.
This method considerably simplifies access to digital currencies, while guaranteeing maximum security.
Monzo founder talks Prosper. Company sees incredible demand for its Crowdfund, smashing 130% of its target, raising over £785,000.
Having recently announced its crowdfund was open to the public and with a little more than a week to go, Prosper today confirmed it has hit 130% of its funding target, raising over £785,000.
The company is backed by some of the biggest names in fintech. One of those, Tom Blomfield, the founder and former CEO of digital bank Monzo, said:
“The crowdfunding community was vital to Monzo’s growth and helped us engage with our early users. Like Monzo, Prosper is a customer champion brand shaking up the wealth industry. As I invested in Prosper, it became clear that speaking to the community would also play a part in their journey. It’s only the beginning, but I’m excited to help more people prosper!”
Monzo’s first crowdfunding campaign raised just under £1m at a £30m valuation. Today, that valuation stands at “around £4 billion”, according to Sky News. With a week of its own crowdfund still to go, Prosper hopes to build on that success, already closing in on Monzo’s original raise achievement.
“We’ve been blown away by the demand we’ve seen from our community. It’s a testament to the value we can create building a customer-championing business in the world of saving and investing,” said founder and CEO Nick Perrett.
Don’t invest unless you’re prepared to lose all the money you invest. This is a high-risk investment, and you are unlikely to be protected if something goes wrong. Take 2 minutes to learn more.
- DAY TWO OF HONG KONG INVESTOR SUMMIT TACKLES MEGATRENDS IMPACTING THE PLANET’S EIGHT BILLION CITIZENS
- OrangeX Unveils $5M Innovation Fund, Accelerating Support for Bitcoin Ecosystem Growth
- The 2023 Global Investment Promotion Conference Held in Shenzhen, China
- Miami International Holdings Reports November 2023 Trading Results; YTD Options and Equities Volumes Remain at Record Levels
- K2 Corporate Mobility embarks on an incredible expedition to Nepal, trekking to Everest Base Camp and volunteering at Nepalese schools
- SquaredFinancial introduces enhanced Fraud Prevention Framework and uncovers fraud network
- Xinhua Silk Road: Ice collecting festival kicks off in NE. China’s Harbin
- INDONESIA MUST ACCELERATE DELIVERY OF DIGITAL STRATEGY TO ACHIEVE GOVERNMENT’S “TOP 10 GLOBAL ECONOMY BY 2030” AMBITIONS, SAYS GSMA REPORT
- OTP Bank, one of the leading banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe chooses eMACH.ai based complete Digital Core and Lending platform to transform their banking experience
- Bybit Unveils Its Web3 Vision: Pioneering Simplicity, Openness, and Equality in the Decentralized Ecosystem
- C.P. Group and Toyota/Commercial Japan Partnership Technologies achieved new milestones towards decarbonization with multi-faceted solutions across energy, data and mobility
- The 2023 Understanding China Conference: China Narrative Challenges and Opportunities
- Pan Finance Announces the Q4 Award Winners of 2023
- Inaugurating the UMKM EXPO(RT) BRILIANPRENEUR 2023, President Joko Widodo Applauds BRI’s Support in Advancing MSMEs
- Bitget Leads Industry with Solid Proof of Reserves Ratio of 171%
Fintech5 days ago
NOVASPARKS EXPANDS ITS OPERATIONS IN ASIA-PACIFIC
Fintech PR4 days ago
JIVF partners with OpenWay for game-changing fintech transformation
Fintech5 days ago
Broadridge Investment Management Technology Enhances Carlyle’s Private Credit and CLO Portfolio Management Operations
Fintech PR4 days ago
Only 20% of companies globally are meeting their carbon reduction targets, and many acknowledge need for “complete transformation,” according to ENGIE Impact report
Fintech PR4 days ago
EY modelling reveals multiple energy transitions accelerating around the world, but handbrakes risk progress
Fintech PR4 days ago
The Winter issue of World Finance magazine has been published – offering its usual wealth of in-depth and high-quality journalism on a diverse mix of financial topics from across the globe
Fintech PR4 days ago
BingX Appoints Vivien Lin as Chief Product Officer to Elevate User Experience
Fintech PR4 days ago
nShift unveils seven major trends that will impact ecommerce in 2024